Chapter 22- 'The Cell Phone Rang'

Start from the beginning

Glaring at the phone, yes - he glared at a non-living thing - a cell phone, he angrily took it in his hands and literally yelled, "This better be something very fucking important!"

I stared at him as his face went from anger to shock and then to disbelief, before he finally spoke up, "How- When- What?!"

His eyes went into my direction, his gaze filled with concern and a feeling that I could not recognise, before he nodded and cut the call. A sudden wave of fear passed through me as he ran down a hand through his face and looked into my eyes.

"Your father... He, he..." He hesitated to speak further, and maybe, just maybe... I knew what happened, "He passed away."

My eyes went wide as I stared at him. This could not be real. This... This can't happen! It is not possible. How...

Just as if he could read my mind, he spoke, "He got into an accident and... died on the spot." Hearing this made me even more surprised. I tried to speak something, to ask the millions of questions that arose in my mind, but all I was able to do, was to stare at him. No words came out of my mouth, no tears flooded through my eyes.

I started shaking my head in disbelief, this was not happening. This can't-

I gasped as two big arms grabbed my shoulders and pushed me towards him. He hugged me. He hugged me with so much force that I feared that it would hurt, but I felt nothing. He hugged me so tightly as if he was transferring some of his energy into mine. He hugged me so bad that I felt love... And support, that he would be there for me. And I knew it.

.

.

.

I did not realise when the tears came out, I did not realise how we were able to leave the office, I did not realise how we reached the hospital. I did not realise anything, I just stared, stared at his lifeless body in front of me, stared at the person who broke me, hurted me, humiliated me, made me beg for money as a child, made my mom hurt... Stared at the person who was once my father. And it was the moment I gave up. It was the moment I cried my eyes out. Tears flooded my cheeks, ruining my face, but it did not matter at that point of time.

Someone touched my head and moved it towards his chest, the familiar feeling told me who he was. "Shh, it will be okay." He whispered into my ears, and I could not stop myself from breaking down into his arms. My arms grabbed his waist, and my legs gave up their strength, resulting me to lose balance. But he was there, to hold me, to provide me support, to stop me from tearing apart... He was there.

Maybe Sophia, and maybe James, too; hugged me from behind; and we all shared a long lasting hug, and it was so clear that they surrounded me with care, with energy, with a hope that I will be fine, that I will be able to get through this. It felt as if they were giving me silent consolation, I am so lucky to have them into my life.

My father... My father is no more. The person, who was once a loving, caring father, someone who could do anything, anything for his family. Who soon enough changed into a monster, changed into someone whom I never thought he would be, into someone, who cared about nothing but money. And now, he was there, laying lifelessly, leaving everything, everyone. Leaving all of his money, leaving me, his wife, all alone and just... left. What stings even more is the fact that he died in an accident, maybe there was a hope, hope that he would change, hope that he would be able to love me again? But now?

And as my friends gave me strength, as my friends stood there for me...

It was when I realised, that no matter what happens from this day onwards, we will be there, I will be there, for him, for them... For us.

.

.

.

.

.

Henlo, my loves! How was the chapter?! It took me so much time to write this, I had to imagine the death of someone whom I love, to write this. I swear it was head, but worth it!

...

-Questions-

What do you feel about her father being dead?

Do you think Ian will be able to take Amy out of this trauma?

What could possibly happen in the next chapter?

...

We were so close for them to kiss! Oh shit.. But no worries! We have a lot of going on!

...

If you want to get in touch with me, or to get notified whenever a new chapter comes out, or to get glimpses of my book, follow my IG @ infinity_writess123

...

Love ya!!

.......