Something happened.

Summer was creeping over the grounds around the castle, sky and lake alike turned periwinkle blue and flowers large as cabbages burst into bloom in the greenhouses.

Ivy had tasked Eva with watching Charlton 24/7, it got to the point where Eva would sleep in the dormitory, under Charlton's bed, as for Ivy, she's been forced into extra classes, to help her with writing, after Dumbledore realized her sole reason to not doing homework, he immediately asked McGonagall and Snape to tutor her.

Hagrid wasn't visible in Hogwarts anymore, visitors were barred from the hospital wing, in fear of the attacker coming back, and dumbledore had magically disappeared.
And with that, came fear, almost every student was worried or tense, all laughters were gone.

One person, however, seemed to be thoroughly enjoying the atmosphere of terror and suspicion. Draco Malfoy was strutting around the school as though he had just been appointed Head Boy.

It was during one of the classes, that Ivy realized just how much Draco is bloated in attitude.

"I always thought Father might be the one who got rid of Dumbledore," That caught Ivy's attention, as she looked up, seeing Malfoy gloat to Crabbe and Goyle, Harry and Ron paying attention as well.

"I told you he thinks Dumbledore's the worst headmaster the school's ever had. Maybe we'll get a decent headmaster now. Someone who won't want the Chamber of Secrets closed. McGonagall won't last long, she's only filling in. . . ."

Snape swept past Harry, Ivy looked at him.

"Sir," said Malfoy loudly. "Sir, why don't you apply for the headmaster's job?"

Ivy's gaze was on Snape the whole time, he seemed to notice it.

"Now, now, Malfoy," said Snape, though he couldn't suppress a thin-lipped smile. "Professor Dumbledore has only been suspended by the governors. I daresay he'll be back with us soon enough."
"Yeah, right," said Malfoy, smirking. "I expect you'd have Father's vote, sir, if you wanted to apply for the job - I'll tell Father you're the best teacher here, sir -"

I snickered, catching the attention of everyone.

It's been weeks since I spoke in class, and this seems to catch their attention.

"Something funny Ivy?" Draco asked, a look of disgust of his face.

"Your face Malfoy, I could laugh at it for eternity" I spat back, making some in the classroom laugh.

He glared, "I'm quite surprised the Mudbloods haven't all packed their bags by now," Malfoy went on."Bet you five Galleons"the next one dies. Maybe it'll be Charlton-"

"Rictusempra!" I casted with my wand.

"Stop this madness!" Snape yelled, but none of us cared.

"Protego" He yelled back, barely saving himself.

"Densaugeo!" It hit him square in the face, making him fall on to his back.

As soon as he stood up, I couldn't hold in the laugh.

"You really need braces" I wheezed.

"Haha" he sarcastically laughed, "Locomotor Mortis"

My legs locked, making me lose balance, I fell to the ground with an "umph" sound, a tud.

"Done?" Snape asked, glaring at us, disappointment.

"Not yet," I continued, "Rictusempra"

And then, Draco broke out in laughter, whitering on the floor, "Now we're done." I smiled sarcastically at Snape.

He spoke, "20 point for each, as well as detention starting tonight" I grumbled.

Snape casted a spell on us to stop them, as I stood, "Hope you learn your lesson Malfoy."

"My father will hear about this!" He said devilishly, fixing his hair, I chuckled, "I'm sure he would love to hear how you got beaten by a girl."
I winked.

"Hurry up, I've got to take you all to Herbology," barked Snape over the class's heads, and off they marched, Ivy marched in the back, close to Harry and Ron, when Snape had seen them out of the castle and they were making their way across the vegetable patch toward the greenhouses.

The Herbology class was very subdued; there were now two missing from their number, Justin and Hermione.
Professor Sprout set them all to work pruning the Abyssinian Shrivelfigs.

Unfortunately for me, I was matched with Draco, to work as a duo, call me cursed today.
I grabbed the materiels while Draco went to tip an armful of withered stalks onto the compost heap.

We worked in silence at first, not minding each, but it was only when I noticed him almost making a mistake, I stopped him.

"smaller cuts, or the Abyssinian won't be good for potions." I reminded him, he faltered a bit, but fixed his cuts, "Thank you" He whispered.
I gave a tight smile.

"Ouch! What're you -"

I listened closely to Ron who shouted, my eyes secretly looking at them.
Harry pointed out the spiders, following their progress with his eyes screwed up against the sun.
"Oh, yeah," said Ron, trying, and failing, to look pleased. "But we can't follow them now -"

I squinted my eyes, why are they interested in spiders now?

"Looks like they're heading for the Forbidden Forest. . . ."
Harry whispered, and Ron looked even unhappier about that.

I shook my head, I guess I'll be following them tonight.

At the end of the lesson Professor Sprout escorted the class to their Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson. Harry and Ron lagged behind the others so they could talk out of earshot.

Unfortunately, I couldn't hear anything, as I was in the middle and the chatting was loud.

We finally walked into Lockhart's classroom, I took my seat which this time, was close to Olivia, I smiled upon seeing her, she smiled back.

"Merlin, I heard that you and Draco did herbology together and then fought in Potions."
I nodded, "That's what I get when you don't show up to class." I shot back, she laughed,
"How was it?"

"Good."

"Good?" She sais simply.

"Yeah?"

"So no hatred or anything?"

"Happened in Potions, we lost 40 points and detention starting tonight, it was quite funny, should've seen his teeth" I snickered, she chuckled.

Suddenly Lockhart walked in, "Come now," he cried, beaming around him. "Why all these long faces?"
People swapped exasperated looks, but nobody answered.

"Don't you people realize," said Lockhart, speaking slowly, as though they were all a bit dim, "the danger has passed! The culprit has been taken away -"

"Says who?" said Dean Thomas loudly.

"My dear young man, the Minister of Magic wouldn't have taken Hagrid if he hadn't been one hundred percent sure that he was guilty," said Lockhart, in the tone of someone explaining that one and one made two.

"Oh, yes he would," said Ron, even more loudly than Dean.

"I flatter myself I know a touch more about Hagrid's arrest than you do, Mr. Weasley," said Lockhart in a self-satisfied tone.

Ron was about to talk but Harry stomped on his foot, "We weren't there, remember?" Harry muttered.
I opened my eyes wide, finally understanding that something happened but I wasn't there.
The golden trio were.