Long Summer 2

A few seconds later, light footsteps started walking to the door.
A woman, maybe in her 30s, opened the door, once she saw me, she smiled.
"Hi Mrs.Abbott" I said, this is so awkward for me.
"Um..I'm here for Alexander?"
"Please! Come in! We're having tea!"
I walked in.
The house was big.
I let my eyes wander for a while, from the portrait that they had of Mr. Abbott to some weird drawings.
This could cost them a fortune.
No.
We're not here to steal Ivy.
I reminded myself.
I let Eva down as she hurriedly ran where Mrs.Abbott was.
I smiled as she jumped on Alex, who was seated on one of the high chairs.
"Merlin!" He jumped.
"Oh! Hi Eva!" He started patting her.
"Wow, I'm feeling loved too" I snickered, as Mrs. Abbott laughed and Alex blushed.
He walked towards me and hugged me.
I hugged him.

"I missed you" he whispered in my ear.
"And I, you" I whispered back.
I looked side ways as he let go, Mrs. Abbott was smiling so hard I was starting to question if Bellatrix would be jealous of her smile.

"Cookies?" She said.

A few minutes later, being full from Mrs.Abbott's cookies and tea, Alex asked if we could go to Diagon Alley.
"Mo-... Mrs.Abbott? Can I visit Diagon Alley with Ivy?" He asked her.
She smiled, but I can see sadness glistening in her eyes.
"Of course" she nodded and got up, going to her purse. "Here. For the both of you" she gave us money, which Alex held on to.
"I'll be back" he whispered to me, "I need to change"
I nodded as he left.
Once he left, Mrs.Abbott exhaled.

"I know who his family is" I said.
She looked at me shocked, not expecting it.
"What? Why? Why didn't you tell him then?"
I shrugged, "I simply know his grandfather, he never got to see his daughter, she ran away" I put down my glass, "It's not my place to tell him" I looked at her, as tears welled up in her eyes.
"She gave up on him, but his grandfather wish so badly to see him, but he said time will tell" I said, relaxing a bit in my chair,
"Plus, I think you would be a better family for him, his grandfather is in no shape to take care of him financially, Merlin knows if his mother is still alive"
I said, trying to ease her mind.

"He'll have to know someday"

"When the time comes, he will"

I stood up once I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, she did as well, making sure to dry her eyes.

Alex walked in excitedly, he didn't seem to notice his adoptive mother's low energy.
"Bye Mrs. Abbott!"

"Be Home before curfew!"

Before I knew it, we were in Diagon Alley.
It's been a long time since I came here.
Even though Knockturn was close, I didn't have a reason to come here.
As we were walking down the streets, a certain Reddish hair caught my hair.
It was the Weasley.
Oh boy.
The whole family was walking down their way.
Ginny was the first to notice them, she ran towards Ivy.
Ivy being herself, she got guarded and glared at her.
"You're Ivy! You're really pretty! Ron would always talk about how you saved him and Neville from Draco!"

Ivy's face relaxed, and for the first time in a while, she smiled to a stranger.

"And you must be Ginevra?" I asked to make sure.

She nodded so fast I was worried she would snap her neck, soon her family was standing before me, Alex was now next to me.

"Oh! I guess this is your friend Ginny?" Her father asked, smiling at me, I smiled back.

"No but Ron knows her"
All attention was on him now, and he was blushing fiercely.
I chuckled, then took attention off of him.

"My name's Ivy Snape, a distant niece of Severus"
They all nodded, Fred and George suddenly walked up to me.

"You really live up to our expectations from Ron and the school" Fred said.
"First being beautiful" George added.
"Standing up to Malfoy" Fred continued.
"And a protector" then both finished.
I laughed at their charisma.
"Ivy, have you heard of Harry?"

"We'll leave you be, meet us up ahead Ron?" His mom asked, he nodded.

I shook my head, "No, we don't speak much so I doubted we would send letters in summer, why?"

"Hermione and I won't stop Sending him letter yet he never responded to any"
I exhaled.
Looking at Alex, he's the smart pants here I guess.

"He's spending summer with the human family no? He might not have a way to send letters"

"Everyone gets to keep their owl" I reminded him, "Or simply the Dursley are keeping him locked up" I shrugged.

I looked at Ron, and I can see wheels turning in his head.

I suddenly asked, "isn't it his birthday today?" I asked.

31st June.

Alex opened his eyes wide, as if he got a new idea, "How about we surprisd him?"
Ron spoke, "Unless you want to give Harry a death wish, the Dursley would murder him if they see us"

I smiled mischievously.
I knew Ron.
It only takes not having Hermione around and he'll be in trouble again.