Christmas Day

On Christmas Day, the prefects woke the students up early to get their gifts, fortunately, this meant a huge gathering of all the houses in the grand Hall.

There weren't many students in our house, Alex and Hannah had received two huge boxes filled with gifts.
I wasn't expecting anything, but while Eva was sitting on my lap, an owl flew in, and dropped a box in front of me.

Eva got off of me, ready to chase the owl.
I knew that Owl too good.
It's the one she chased during the first day of School, it's the Malfoy's owl.

"Thank you" I whispered giving him a small slice of bread.
Eva was calmed.
Alex was smiling happily, it was my first present ever.

I opened the box, and it had a smaller box and a letter.

Dear Ivy,
I write to you, on this day, wishing you a Merry Christmas, I wished you were to spend this Holiday with me, but I give you this gift, as a memory for our promise.
Yours Truly, Draco.

I opened the smaller box, and was chocked to find a bracelet.

I gasped, making everyone in the table turn their heads towards us.
Even the golden trio from the other table.

"Oh my" Hannah said, "It's so shiny" She whispered.
Alex smiled, but I can see doubt in his eyes.
I didn't know why, but I didn't address it.

"I..." I only kept looking at the bracelet.
I was amazed, it was so beautiful, and it looked expensive too.
How could Draco give this to me?
It's a lot for me.

I grabbed the bracelet and put it on, on my right hand.
Everyone by now were gossiping.
But I listened clearly to the golden trio's conversation.

"It's his girlfriend, what do you expect? He'll spoil her in riches" Hermione remarks.

"Hermione, she's born a pure blood, she's a Snape, I'm sure she can afford one herself" Harry said, as if coming to her rescue.

"That bracelet can pay our rent for years" Ron said.

"Don't you get it?" Hermione said.

"If Snape is trying to get something from that room, she must know as well, and Draco is buying her for her loyalty" She stupidly said.

"She doesn't react much to her Uncle, Hermione-"

I stopped listening on them when Snape walked into the Hall.

I raised my bow, his limping was getting worst, to the normal eye they can't notice it, but to my red eyes, it was obvious.

Harry receives a flute from Hagrid, a 50 pence coin from the Dursley, some fudge and Chocolate Frogs from Hermione, and a knitted jumper from Ron's mother. He also receives an Invisibility cloak accompanied only by an anonymous note telling him that the cloak once belonged to Harry's father and to "use it well."

Meanwhile, Ivy was already back in her room, making a potion, she was more than happy with her gift.
Once she was done with the potion, she started writing a letter to Draco.

"Dear Draco,

Merry Christmas Pretty Boy, thank you so much for the present, I apologize for not getting you anything but I'll gift you something once you come back, I hope you enjoy the time with your family and friends.
Hugs, Ivy. "

Grabbing the potion, I left my room and walked to where most Hogwarts Owls reside.
Once I made it to the tower, I attached the letter to one of the owls, and showed her a picture of the Malfoy's, she flew away after I gave her a snack.

Walking in the hallway, I found myself in front of Snape's class.
I knocked.

"Come in"

I opened the door and walked inside.
He was sitting on his office.
He looked up at me, shocked to actually see me in his class.

"I need to catch up on school work"
I said, he exhaled, then cast a spell to make books and papers appear.

"You've missed almost half of the classes, you're mostly missing class work and not tests, so you're good, the assignments won't affect your grades"
I nodded.
I took the potion bottle out of my pocket.

I put it on his office.
His eyes went back and forth between me and the potions.

"The bite from the dog may not have been lethal, but soon the venom will start kicking in"
I said.

"Who said it was a dog bite?"
He said, trying to dodge me.
"I know that dog is guarding something in the forbidden room, I'm helping you, and I know you're only trying to help Harry"
I said, and took him off guard as I used Legilimens.
But I was cut off hurriedly.
I chuckled, stood up and grabbed whatever I needed to make up the work.
But before I left, I said, "The potion will clean your body from the venom, you might want to have a bucket next to you"

After putting the books and box back in my room, I went back outside, even though it was snowing on Christmas day, and partially freezing, I had grabbed one of the school's broom.
I missed flying, so I decided to do it.
Eva got on the broom as well, in front of me, so she can hold on the me.
"Up" that's all it took for me to start flying.

There's a special sensation in flying.
Nothing to worry about, it feels like an ever ending freedom.

Hours passed, I was walking back to my room when I saw a moving figure.
It looked invisible but I noticed it.
I gave it a perplexing look but walked ahead, acting stupid.
Once I knew it forgot about me, I started following it, turning myself as well invisible.

The movements started happening again the library's restricted-books section. I immediately knew it was Harry, he's the one who's been trying to get here.
But one of the books starts screaming when he opens it, so he quickly leaves.
I heard Filch running in the hallways.

"Oh! Professor Snape! I heard noises, it must be one of those bloody children out of their beds" he growled.
Snape appeared next to him, Harry made a small accidental noise, Snape kept looking our way.

"Hmm, where?" He asked, his focus back on Filch.
"The library professor"
And soon, they both went that way.

Harry walked into an old classroom.
Harry was looking at a long body mirror. An old mirror in a gold frame with the inscription "Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi".

Harry looks in the mirror and sees two adults, standing behind him, but when he turns around in the room, he sees no one.
Realization hit him, when he recognized those two people as his parents.

I looked at him sadly.
He tries to speak to them, but they can only communicate by waving.
No words.
He asked many questions but none responded.
"I miss you, mom and dad"
He whispered.
I wanted so badly to hug him.
But who was I to him...
nothing but the daughter of the one who killed his parents.
Harry lingered for a little, but he soon left, putting on the cloak.

I stayed.

"I show not your face, but your heart's desire"
I said, reciting what is writing on it, then I looked in a mirror.
I stood in front of it.

"What do I desire, mirror?"

But it was blank.
The mirror didn't even show me.
It was all blank.
I wasn't there.

"Death"
I heard someone say behind me.
I didn't need to turn around to know it was Dumbledore.

"I think..." Dumbledore starting saying, "That you seek the end of Riddle"

I didn't react, I kept looking in a mirror, that showed Albus Dumbledore but not me.

"You want their death"

I knew what Albus was doing.
He was trying to make me hate my family.
More like, kill them all, and then myself.

I looked back to Albus.

"I want revenge,
Then I want my crown,
I know what you're hiding Albus,
Lying to me was your first mistake,
And many will pay dearly"