Dragon Egg

In the weeks that followed Quirrel did seem to be getting paler and thinner, but it didn't look as though he'd cracked yet.
As for Ivy and Draco.
Rumors spread like wildfires because they stopped talking.
And guess who was interested?

I was walking to Potion, which we usually share with the Gryffindor.
It's been weeks since the last time me and Draco spoke.
He changed his seats.
Even during lunch table.
Zabini Blaise started sitting next to me, I thought he would be trouble, but he's a quiet kid.
He would serve me drinks sometimes and that sparked a friendship between us.
Back to the story, I heard footsteps running up towards me, I looked up and saw it was Harry.
"Hello Harry"
I said, he smiled and greeted me back.
"Hello Ivy, how are you?"
"Lovely if we didn't have Potion"
He laughed, "I thought you would love Snape"
I shuddered, "Please, if anyone likes that teacher, he has some serious mental illness"
"What's wrong with Draco?" He asked out of nowhere.
I exhaled, we finally arrived to class.
"We had a fight" I whispered, no one really knew but Harry had the right to know, "I protected Neville and Ron, and he got angry, said bad words about anyone outside the Slytherin house members" I shrugged, "I don't associate myself with people like that."
He nodded, "you're always welcome to hang out with us"
« The golden Trio? Yeah, if Hermione wouldn't kill me, Ron kinda likes me as a stranger but I doubt he would as a friend, thanks Harry but I'll survive"

Snape walked in and that's when we hurriedly went go our seats.

Every time they passed the third-floor corridor, Harry, Ron, and Hermione would press their ears to the door to check that Fluffy was still growling inside. Snape was sweeping about in his usual bad temper, which surely meant that the Stone was still safe. Whenever Harry passed Quirrell these days he gave him an encouraging sort of smile, and Ron had started telling people off for laughing at Quirrell's stutter.

Ten weeks, and they'll be exams, and Hermione doesn't seem to forget about it.

Hermione, the exams are ages away."

"Ten weeks," Hermione snapped. "That's not ages, that's like a second to Nicolas Flamel."

"But we're not six hundred years old," Ron reminded her. "Anyway, what are you studying for, you already know it's an A."

"What am I studying for? Are you crazy? You realize we need to pass these exams to get into the second year? They're very important, I should have started studying a month ago, I don't know what's gotten into me..."

Studies weren't an issue for Angelina, even though she ditches most of her classes, she still manages to be the number one student, even way ahead of Hermione.

Which only explains the undying jealousy Hermione has for Angelina.

While Hermione studied every book for the classes, Angelina didn't.

While Hermione made sure she was there 24/7 for her classes, Angelina was asleep back in her room.

While Hermione was trying hard to gain points for her house, Angelina made it seem easy.

But Angelina was different from Hermione.

While Hermione grew up in a muggle life, Angelina had access to every book.

While Hermione wanted to fit the excellent student image, Angelina wanted nothing more but to get the attention off of her.

While Hermione lives up to expectations, Angelina lived nothing but for the war.

Unfortunately, the teachers piled so much homework on them that the Easter holidays weren't nearly as much fun as the Christmas ones.
And Angelina had to do them.
Or else she would lose house points, as Snape threatened her.