A small fight and a wish.

The next morning, Harry and Ron are discussing what the dog could be guarding, I was sitting in the Slytherin breakfast table watching them and listening to them with a spell.
Mail arrived, owls started coming in, dropping boxes and letters.
But a huge box dropped on Harry's breakfast table.
All attention was on him.
Even the headmaster, Albus, was amazed.
Harry receives a Nimbus 2000, along with a note from Professor McGonagall summoning him to Quidditch practice.

"First-year students are not allowed broomsticks" Malfoy seethed, "I need to report it"

"Jealousy won't get you anywhere far Malfoy" I said, sipping on my orange juice, "It was giving to him by a professor, an authority of this castle"

"You like him now?" He spat at me, "Slytherin shouldn't protect Gryffindor, especially him"
He glared, looking deeply into my eyes.

"Malfoy"
I said getting up, "If you're jealous, just admit it"
I pat his shoulder as he was sitting on the chair.
I left him, back in the room.
I hated how he accused me of something.
When I want nothing but help him.
Jealousy would soon lead him to acting out.

And I was right.

Rumors came back that Malfoy then tries to report Harry to Professor Flitwick who just expresses admiration for Harry's talent having heard from McGonagall.

I was watching Harry practice with Oliver Wood, learning the basics and positions.

"What's a seeker?" Alexander asked, sitting down next to me on the floor.
I smiled at him, last time I saw him, it was when I sent him off to the library.
"Hello you to you too Alexander"
He chuckled, "come on" he bumped shoulders with me, "what is it?"
I smiled, "couldn't find it in the books?"

"Rumors are going out hard about Harry getting a Nimbus 2000, they said he might get a seeker position"

"A seeker has to avoid other players and catch the Golden Snitch, Quidditch game cannot end until the Snitch is caught, making the Seeker the most important player on a team, other members are usually defenders."
He listened carefully.

"Wasn't that what we played when we were kids?"

I laughed, "technically yes, but we never had nimbus or a flying ball, we played it as a ball going through the net"

He smiled remembering, "you were quite short" He laughed,"you couldn't reach to the top so you had to throw it to me"
I smiled.

"You know... maybe quidditch could be a fun sport for us one day"
"If you chose to play it, I'll join"
"Maybe next year"
"How long have you known you were a witch?" He asked.

I heaved out a sigh, "Ever since I was born, I had a wand and a cat by my side, not weird for a muggle right?" I cringed.
He laughed.

I shrugged, "It came naturally, I knew I could control elements, so I knew"

"Why did you leave?" He whispered.

"Magic...got out of control" I said, then looked up at the sky, "I almost killed the Orphanage worker because she whipped me, so I knew I had to leave"

"Where did you live?"

"You have an awful lot of questions don't you Alex?"
He blushed.

"That's a story for another day, I'll tell you someday" I smiled, then looked ahead, noticing Harry was coming our way.

"Hi there" I said.
"Hello Ivy, Hi Alexander"
Alexander smiled and got up, "I'll see you later guys"
Alexander was always an antisocial person.
I was the first one he talked to in that orphanage.
And he was the last one I spoke to in the orphanage.

Harry sat down next me.
"Let me guess" I said, "You got seeker?"
He nodded hurriedly, "how did you know?"
I shrugged, "you've got speed Harry, and some tricks up your sleeve you'll discover soon"

"I'm scared, it seems like a big work"
"If it helps you, I'll cheer on you"
"Really? You're a Slytherin"
"Slytherin doesn't make me who I am, and it doesn't choose my friends, I'll cheer for you, but I need to see the real work a seeker has Harry"
He nodded, and smiled.
"Alright, I promise I'll do my best"
We laughed.

Unknown to us, a pair of eyes were watching us from the tower.
A glint of proud shining in their eyes.