Long Summer 1

"Don't block me out
Don't shut me down"

-Ryland James, Shoulder to Cry On.

Ever since Summer started, Ivy went back to working in the small restaurant and Ailbert gave her a roof on top of her head.
She was more than thankful for him, plus, it made it easy for them to talk about his grandson.
Eva was able to obtain the files about Alexander Serrano.

Ivy was right.
Alex was put at the same time that his grandfather remembers his daughter putting him in an orphanage.
He was also two months younger than her.
His skinny attire made it seem like he was a lot younger.
She knew where he lives now as he told her.

Flashback:

Alexander was of the 30% survivors, and was soon adopted to the Abbott family, which meant Hannah, a hufflepuff was his step sister.

"I never knew The Abbott Family adopted, it's rare"
"I was shocked too, they suspected I was a wizard, so they adopted me to see if I had magic"

Are they treating you good?"
"Yes, they're even sending me money to spend on myself" I smiled proudly at him.

"That's good to hear, how come you're not spending Christmas with them?"
He shrugged, "Hannah and I are staying in, the Abbott said there's not really to do for this Christmas, so they'll just send us gifts"

I nodded, but slowly after some time, I heard snoring.

End of flashback.

Ivy was cleaning the dirty tables as she remembered that.
But her mind was always on Draco.
She sent letters to him the first few weeks of summer, but he responded to none.
It made her angry and sad.
And so, she stopped writing.
To her dismay, Albus would write to her occasionally, making sure her summer was alright.

Late night, around midnight, Ivy finally finished her work, she cleaned the back kitchen one last time, and made sure the back doors were closed.
She went back to the front, as Ailbert, Daisy and Chris, a teenager who was working to make money for his mother.

They were laughing, once they saw Ivy walk out, they knew it was time to close the restaurant for the night.
They bid their goodbyes, Ailbert and Ivy started walking back home.
A chill breeze welcomed them in the street.

"Tell me Ailbert... Do you wish to meet your grandson? I plan on visiting him soon"

He exhaled, then looked at me, as I was waking by his side.

"I do, but let time tell"

That's a way of him saying no, he doesn't have the will to do so yet.

"Suit yourself, can I take a day off on Saturday? I plan on visiting him and going to Diagon Alley"

"Of course"

~Time skip~

I clocked out.
Unfortunately, I had to work Saturday morning because Chris got ill.
I wiped my palms on my dirty jeans, it was time to go back home to visit Alexander.
Eva was outside waiting for me, Ailbert had a strict rule to not let Eva in, he hated cats in his restaurant.
I smiled seeing her waiting for me in the back alley.
I pat her as she purred.

"Thanks for coming Eva"
We walked back home.
The streets were quiet and dark as usual, many people were on the ground with small cups next to them.
They needed money.
It was hard to find a job in Diagon Alley.
But a lot worse in Knockturn Alley.
If you didn't work for the government, it would be a bad decision.
I gave an old man some of the tip I received, it wasn't enough for me, but I would risk it.
He smiled gratefully at me, a small tint of redness on his cheek from embarrassment.
You would ask what makes Knockturn Alley lively?
It's the fights that break out of nowhere.
You would hear the spells and jinx flying back and forth, the luckier you are, the safer you come out of them, even as a bystander.
My thoughts flew back to Draco.
I wonder how he's doing...
I know his father can be strict and his mom would stay quiet, I didn't need to ask to know it, it's a tradition for all Death Eaters.

Train your children to rule me.
Curcio them, let them know who I am.

Those were words that Angelina remembers, only from seeing Bellatrix's memory, she knew there was a lot worse.
She shook her head, looked up, noticing she was finally home.
She took out her key to open the door.
It wasn't a big house.
It looked more like a rotten small house.
It had a small bedroom, with contained two mattresses and one a wardrobe, and then a small kitchen and bathroom.
There was a small place where a couch was, and a broken tv.
The house was mostly clean, as Ivy made sure of that.
Ivy walked into the room, putting on the teared curtain so she can change.
She shared the room with Ailbert, him having the bigger mattress for his size.
She wished she knew he snored, she would've made him tons of sleeping drinks.
She chuckled.

"Might use them, I still have some of them"
Eva looked at me perplexed.
I shook my head.

"What should I wear?"
Eva clawed at the wardrobe so I can open it for her.
And I did.

She dragged out a yellow t shirt and blue jeans.
I looked down on my outfit.
All black, From head to toe.
"Aaah, I see"
I said grabbing the clothes.
"You want me to stop wearing black too?"
She nodded.

I took off my clothes, I noticed I was slowly... growing.
Not a big difference but I think I hit puberty too early.
Dressing up hurriedly, I looked at the almost broken figure mirror, once I was done, I grabbed Eva and made an apparition in front of Alexander's home in Godric Hollow's.
I exhaled.

"Here goes nothing"
I knocked two time.