Customisation

Skye's POV

You would expect there to be tension between me and my parents but apparently, we were all on the same side. Both my parents walked into the waiting room rather smooth considering they had been called to the principal's office, but I could tell my Dad was displeased with being called away from whatever work he's doing. My Mum looked more concerned than angry.

"Skye" My Dad said in a stern voice, maybe he was a little more agitated than displeased but my mood matched his.

I stood up from the uncomfortable chair I had been slouching on for the past however long. "Before you shout, I didn't do it but I have a feeling I know who did" My Dad was about to speak but was cut off when Principal Jones called us into the office. I take a deep breath walking in first.

"Thank you, Mr and Mrs Red, for coming in so soon"

My parents don't reply which puts him on edge even more, they do have the intimidation vibe nailed. He clears his throat while awkwardly adjusting his suit "I think we all know why we are here"

myself "I'm not sure we are" I say abruptly, He was surprised by my input but doesn't shut me down... Yet

"Principle Jones, I have a clear record, fairly good attendance and I'm passing all my classes. Why would I do something like this?" I said in a mildly pushy tone

He scratches his head and softens his face "I know Skye, I was shocked too but the things in your locker make you look pretty guilty"

"Innocent before proven guilt" My Mum speaks up.

I'm relieved that they don't blame me but when I heard my Dad speak up it set off alarm bells, this is the part where I'm expelled. "As you agreed Skye is a smart girl with high ambitions"

"Is this going to affect my college applications?" It may surprise you to know I actually want to further my education, someone in this family has too.

"Look, we will have to look into it but if the investigation comes back with no evidence this will not go against you" the moment silence bought even more dread "But in the mean-time I'm afraid I had to suspend you"

I could punch through the wall right now I'm so furious. I knew I wouldn't get away with this but I didn't even do it.

"Now listen here Principle Jones" My Dad threatens but I cut in "It's okay, I understand" I smile. Everyone was surprised, but what's the point in arguing?

We stand up to leave but he asked me one last question "Skye, is there anyone you could think of that might have tried to frame you?"

I stood back and looked directly into his eyes "Not that I know of" he nods and we leave.

"You know who did it don't you?

I smirk at my Dad sarcastically replying "How would you of guessed?"

"Do you have proof?"

"I have a pretty solid hunch"

He straightened his sleeves and looked up "Well you need evidence"

"Brooke's already on it"

He nods in approval and takes my Mums hand. "Why didn't you question me?" I ask

"Because we know you and trust you" Her words warms my heart

"And you aren't dumb enough to leave that stuff lying around" I rolled my eyes at my Dad ruining the moment, it was worth seeing my Mum hit him though.

Brooke and Grayson were by the door waiting for our arrival, they looked like they were waiting for life changing news when they saw my face.

"So..." He asked apprehensively