Betrayal of the highest degree

Skye's POV

Boredom no longer describes school but also the last few days. I was banished from doing anything X related, meaning anything fun. I don't do well with doing nothing. The club was off limits but Baxter has that covered and the boys have been very hostile about Lorenzo, even more than normal.

Tyler was running around my mind constantly, nightmares of the crash have started making me feel even worse. I feel guilty not being there day and night but everyone insists being away for a few hours won't make a difference.

To make things worse Grayson hasn't exactly been leaving me alone. I decline every call and ignore every text. I'm not in the mood for his weak excuses and lame apologies, he isn't my main concern and that's just the way it is.

The fridge is one of the most exciting places right now, it's one of the few places I'm not banned from so I'm taking advantage of it. That is until I hear

"Skye, office now"

Axel disappears before I can even see him. His voice was cold and assertive. In hopes that I'll finally get some information I follow his instruction.

I deeply regret it when I open the grand double doors to see Axel, Blake and Brooke waiting at the sides. Of course my Dad was centre attention in his office chair, my Mum stood behind him. The tension in the room was suffocating. I usually love when the office gets intense but it's not so great being on the receiving end.

"Take a seat" My Dad orders calmly, not giving anything away.

But I don't move from the middle of the room "I'd prefer to stand" I reply mimicking his tone, he taught me his tricks, which means I know this isn't a friendly chat.

"I expect you know why you're here?" that sentence reminds me of my venture to the principal's office about the fire, if only I knew where that would lead to.

"I gather it's not a friendly father daughter chit chat" my sarcasm hit a nerve with him.

He sighs in frustration "Fine, if you want to play it like this" he leans forwards daggering me "You're done with Lorenzo and Arthur"

Everything freezes like the worlds stopped spinning, in reality it's just mine that has stopped.

I snicker at his ridiculous command "You can't be serious" his hard expression doesn't change.

When nobody says anything I look around the room, the fact they all clearly aren't on my side pisses me off even more.

"I should have known" I scoff "You always intended me to fail. Given the fact you withheld information from me" his eyes soon turn to look down "That's right. I found out about your little deployment with Arthur. Let me guess, that's why they went after Tyler?" I shrugged "Or who knows? Maybe they were the ones behind the crash. It was Tyler's car after all"

He slams his hands on his desk making both Brooke and my Mum flinch. "I WOULD NEVER PUT YOUR LIFE IN DANGER!" He shouts vociferously

"YOU DID THE MINUTE YOU BROUGHT ME INTO THE WOLVES" I snap

He stood over his desk where his hands landed taking a deep breath "I never forced you into this" his voice was calmer

I fix my eyes on him "Maybe I just wanted to be included for once. I wanted to be even but now I realise I can never be equal to you" I turn my head between Axel and Blake who has guilt written all over them "I'll never be treated like your boys because they have your respect"

My rage is put aside now I'm just irritated "But that's because I'm the little girl, right? God forbid I lead" he doesn't answer, how could he? He knows I'm right.