It's complicated

Skye's POV

Brooke finally got the courage to ask Josie on a date. She claimed it was a casual milkshake but I class that as a date. She couldn't talk about it without blushing therefore it most definitely was date to her. Whatever gets her away from a computer screen for a few hours is a positive in my book.

"Hey Brooke. Mind if I join?"

Brooke completely froze at Josie's question. Her eyes glare at me in panic, way to leave it to me.

"Sure Josie, take a seat" I replied relieving her of her awkward stance clinging onto her lunch tray. She took the seat next to Brooke, even sitting together in the cafeteria was progress for Brooke's awkwardness. Her warm smile makes a change from our fairly dark world.

Their giggles and subtle word play made me feel like a third wheel, until someone nudged me.

"And who invited you?" I sassed diverging my attention to the large blob that invaded my personal space

"Self-invite" He grinned picking at his lunch.

I rolled my eyes and returned to the cuteness that was my best friend and Josie "I heard you two went on a date" I smacked Grayson's arm in anger, that's the last time I tell him something.

I was expecting Brooke to pounce across the table and scratch his eyeballs out "It wasn't a date" Brook defended but Josie had a blushing pink shade rising on her cheeks

"Now I feel stupid, I thought it was a date" all the doubts flew away from Brooke, Josie just confirmed just what she wanted.

They continued talking while I had a master plan. I leaned closer to Grayson moving my arm around his shoulder. He relaxed into me but I smirked snatching his drink from his tray. He was shocked by my plan, his lame attempt of stealing it back was comical.

I moaned after my first slurp. Since when did this school serve milkshakes "This is really good" I smiled between sips

He cowered down "Not as good as the Midnight Skye" he said in a mocking tone but I know it bothered him.

"So, are you two officially a couple?"

I nearly choked when Josie asked that but at least it stopped a potential argument "NO!" but I knew we were something "It's complicated"

Grayson chuckled, my glare only encouraged him "Wow complicated. That's an upgrade"

"Just for that you aren't getting this back"

His face finally decided to cheer up "Oh really?" he leaned forward which I followed except I swiped my finger across the ketchup on his tray and bopped his nose.

His mouth flew open and his hands squeezed my thighs, I couldn't contain my giggles.

"I'd start running now" I took his warning and left my seat.

He can eat my dust.

I made it down the hall until my body was pulled into a class room. I squealed in laughter and surprise. Grayson chuckled backing me into the desk as we shifted side to side holding onto each other.

"Umm, are you busy next weekend?" I asked nervously, playing with his jacket.

His silence was making me regret opening my mouth "Depends. Why?"

"Well, there's a ball and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?" My nerves didn't calm instead, my humour kicked in, aka my defence "Unless you have a hot date"

Just like Brooke I was in no man's land, I felt I needed some reassurance considering I've asked something before letting my mind process it.

He raised his hand gliding it across my cheek "Now I do" His voice ran through me along with his touch.