Hidden information

Grayson's POV

Guilt is a strange feeling. It indicates right from wrong yet it is still so common. That feeling is riddling inside of me. The second I lied to Skye was when it started.

The rare occasion Skye actually asked me to do a job with her I let her down. The bliss of holding her in the school halls was intoxicating, but the second my mind thought about the reason why I have to blow her off overtakes my stomach.

"GRAYSON" a high pitched voice shouted snapping me out of my day dream "You weren't even listening" She groans stomping her feet.

I glance at the irritating girl who's currently making my life hard work. I doubled looked when the familiar green hoodie was pulled over her body. "Umm, what exactly do you think you're wearing?"

Her smile was far from innocent "Oh this? I was cold and it looked warm. Hope you don't mind"

I remained calm remembering it's only a hoodie but it still unnerved me, she didn't suit it. "Sure, whatever. Can we just get this done?"

It just had to be me who got stuck with Jessica for a class project. One of the only classes I don't have with Skye or Brooke. I would take Brooke's nerd talk over Jessica's whining any day. I wanted to swap but everyone looked relieved when they didn't get her.

We made steady progress, I had to pry my eyes away from my phone every five minutes since I was worried about Skye. She's with Axel but it doesn't mean she's safe. If I said that to her face she'd probably punch me for not believing in her but I don't care.

A loud knock on my front door echoed around the house giving me an excuse to escape Jessica for a short while. I made my way downstairs still a little confused who it could be, I wasn't expecting anybody but they saved my sanity.

Skye!

Now I'm in shit, deep at that.

Her smile always made me smile but I was trying my best not to fabricate it.

"Skye, what are you doing here?" I know she can always see through me. Her smile slowly disappeared being replaced by suspicion

"I just finished and thought I'd save you from homework" I chuckled, she was defiantly saving me from something.

"Are you okay?"

Before I had a chance to excuse my strange behaviour a voice squealed through the air.

"GRAYSON! WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG?"

That's when I knew I was completely screwed. I didn't have a plan before and I certainly don't have one now.

Skye pushed the door open wider ruining the tactic of holding it tightly shut, I let her do it because there's no point in hiding I knew she already knew.

"Oh, hey Skye" Jessica is a complete wind up

I had expected Skye to pull some X stuff, meaning a whole blood bath on both of us but instead she simply said "I'm going to go" and walked away.

I shot Jessica a death glare to which she replied with a giggle. I ran out the door still having Skye in sight "SKYE WAIT!"

I don't know why I expected her to stop. I wouldn't if I was her. If only she knew what was going on. I've screwed up but it doesn't mean I can't fix it.

"You need to leave right now" I yelled when I stepped back into my house

"What about our project?" Jessica's whole innocent act was getting old