Not a sweetheart

Skye's POV

I feel like I'm spending more time in this club than I do at home. I would definitely be sick of this place if I was partying this often.

I stride into the club radiating confidence. Women don't get taken as seriously as men, especially not in these circumstances. It works in my favour, nobody expects to fear the teenage girl who hasn't even graduated yet. My Mum was the one to teach me how to use it to my advantage, she is one scary lady.

I watch Baxter's eyes checking the table nearest the dance floor every few seconds. To an average person they wouldn't even notice what he's doing, but it gave me a clear idea who he was talking about.

"I think sitting at a bar before 1pm is a new low"

His smile lightened the mood but it isn't his usual cheeky smirk, he looks troubled. "No back up?"

"Ugh, am I really going to have to add you to the list of people who doubt my ability to handle myself?" secretly I like proving people wrong, it adds to by stubborn nature.

He shakes his head, I sense slight guilt but he snaps out of it "Of course not. You can kick my ass with your eyes closed"

"Mmmm, don't tempt me" Baxter's deep chuckle graced my ears for the first time today "Anyway, brief me. What am I dealing with?"

"Two in the middle, one drink down, whiskey men they knew their liquor" of course that's what Baxter would pick up. "locked and loaded as per so if you're going to strike you'll have to be quick, not that I have to tell you that"

He takes two shot glasses out along with a hearty bottle of tequila that reminds me of girls night, time flies when you're preventing fires and tracking down psychopaths.

He fills one up but I cover the other. His eyebrows rise in disbelief  "I'm driving" he retracts the bottle and discards his.

I salute him on the downlow arising no attention. I turn on my heels until my arm is pulled back. A shiny key is slid to the edge of the bar.

"I thought a key might be more efficient then busting the door in again" his cocky smirk showed how proud of himself he was for thinking in advance, I actually didn't have a plan for that.

I scrunch my nose with a grin "Good looking and tactical, you are the total package" I slipped the key into my jacket and headed for the mystery men.

My stride comes to a stop as I stand in front of their table. Ordinarily it would prompt someone to see who has approached however they did not flinch, they carried on their conversation. There is no excuse for being rude.

I clear my throat finally gaining their attention "Gentlemen" my voice is stern and controlled.

I hadn't expected them to be so well presented. Both dressed in suits that certainly look designer, either they like to act the part or they're the real deal.

The larger man looked to the other with a smirk "What can we do for you sweetheart?" oh they will regret that.

"First things first, you don't address me as sweetheart because you really don't want to find how opposite I can be and second of all it's you who will be wanting to talk to me"

They look stunned but amused I assume like everyone else they weren't expecting that to come out of my mouth but they'll soon establish I don't hold back.

The confident one re positions himself leaning forward "So, what do we address you as?"

"X"

Their faces drained colour as they looked at each other suddenly. I love the affect that one single letter can do.

"The youngest Red" The small one says

I smile innocently "Correct, I didn't expect to meet a couple of fans today but here we are" the sarcasm doesn't hit greatly, it's their loss.

The hard faces their originally wore returned. Well, one of them did and the other followed. There's a clear indication who's the dominate. "I'm sure you're a pleasure but we didn't come here for you, we came for your boss"

"You're sadly mistaken if you think Marco is my boss and while he's gone I'm the best choice. So, shall we?"

~~~

Marco's desk was cluttered and disorganised, I quickly moved some files across the room and out of sight, I don't know their intentions and I'm certainly not slipping up.

"How about we start again" The confident one says.

"I am Sebastian, and this is my younger brother Tobias" They offered their hands which I look at but decline.

Their sudden change of attitude shows some kind of human decency but I'm past the point.

"We used to handle business with Lorenzo but due to circumstances that I'm sure you are aware of we now partner with Marco"

This does make more sense. Baxter said it had Marco written all of over it which usual means highly illegal and almost always dangerous but they were different. Well dressed, well spoken, finally some proper etiquette even though it was delayed. Even their names were preppy.

"Marco does seem to have a lot on his plate now he's dealing with the two sides"

"At least he has a fine lady to help" it shocked me to hear Tobias speak without being prompted, it was very quick and obviously not thought through because he turned to his brother immediately. It's strange, I see Marco and Lorenzo in them. Lorenzo took control being the brains and Marco took the risks and wild ideas.

They handed me a variety of files which didn't particularly concern me, but since he never told me about the other units and didn't take notice of a new tenant across his land I'm not holding my breath for him to inform me of this. They spoke further on business I had no interest until they finally decided to leave.

"I hope he didn't spend to much money at the casino, we all know what he's like" Sebastian's casual comment stirred me.

"Casino?" I ask making sure I disguise my lack of knowledge on the subject.

He buttoned his blazer swiftly "Lorenzo's birthday was yesterday so one can only imagine how much money he's spent celebrating, although I hate to think what Lorenzo would say"

I was beginning to think coming here was pointless, I had just saved Marco another soul sucking experience however, they just gifted me with something I would have never found out.

Baxter looks baffled seeing the two men walk out in proper form without a mark on them. I would usual laugh, instead I slouched onto the stool and covered my face with my hands in frustration.

"What's going on?"

I sighed and slid my hands down placing them on top of each other on the bar counter. "Lorenzo's alive and Marco knows"