Tips and Tricks

Skye's POV

"YOU KISSED!" Brooke screams down the phone, I move it away from my ear in an attempt to keep my hearing.

"Shout like that one more time and I'm hanging up" I warn

"I know where you live" her voice is so smug

"Yeah and I know how to use a lock" I laugh back.

"You need to tell me everything" she insists

I roll my eyes "Fine, but only if don't ask a thousand questions"

Those are hard terms for her to agree to "I'm coming over, unlock the door and I'll agree to cut the amount of questions in half" she's also good at terms.

"See you in 20" I say before she squeals like a little kid at a toy shop.

I fall flat on my bed. I've hardly slept, due to all the major events that took place last night. I told Brooke hoping she would be able to clear some of the craziness, she's a romantic but a realist.

"Pre warning, Brooke is coming over and she doesn't know about the whole academy thing" I inform Baxter as I walk into the kitchen

I still haven't figured out the best way to tell her about Elite, it can go two ways and I'm not sure I can handle the negative one.

He makes an o shape with his mouth "How are you going to break the news?"

"I was hoping you'd have an idea"

He tilts his head "Come on Skye, you know she'll be happy for you"

"I hope but, I haven't even accepted yet, is it worth saying anything?" I hop onto the counter

"Nope, no way" Baxter laughs pointing at me "We made a deal Skye Red. No backing out"

"Ugh" I groan "I should have made a small print"

"It was 2am but, the deal still stands" he smirks "I'm going to let you have girl time because if it goes sour, Brooke will try and use me as a weapon"

"You have a solid point"

He leaves the kitchen laughing his infectious laugh. I'm grateful he's being so casual about everything last night but it does make me wonder what's going through his mind. He's the light and breezy kind which I admire but it puts me on edge. He's right, it would add to the complications and I can't lose him, I don't even want to imagine my life without Baxter.

Within minutes of Baxter's departure Brooke knocks on the door. I open the door as quickly as I can.

"Can you knock like a regular human?, we have neighbours" she was knocking so hard I'm surprised the door isn't dented.

She pushes through me and jumps straight to the sofa. "Come right in, make yourself at home"

She glares at me and wastes no time diving into the latest antics. "Spill"

"I've told you everything. Food, kiss, power cut, more food and then kiss"

"I'm sorry" she says gobsmacked "Second kiss, there was no mention of a second kiss" I may have left that out to avoid the college talk but, I need to tell her.

She rubs her chin and narrows her eyes, she's officially in interrogation mode "There has to be more to the story, the second kiss is out of place"

It's now or never, I take a deep breath and look into her eyes "Actually there is something. When I got the letter from Grayson there was another" she doesn't speak a word, she simply follows along "It was from Elite"