OLD{18: Distant Memories}

Third Person's P.O.V

The castle was full of servants. They all bustled around, fear running through their heads. They didn't want to get beat, they were so scared of being beat. They all ignored the little child who was crying right at the bottom of the stairwell. 

He had scraped his knee, quite roughly to be exact. It was bright red and blood was spilling from it. It pained him to get up and he didn't want to heal it. How exactly did he hurt himself this bad? Well, it's quite simple actually. 

He purposely fell down the stairs. 

He was hoping to grab the attention of his mother who he had been trying to find all day. She was just there last night, but she looked so angry. She had been rambling in her sleep. Something about the Queen regaining his favor. But he couldn't catch who's favor since he drifted off to sleep.

The young boy was only two years old, and he was yearning for a hug from his seemingly heartless mother. It puzzled the boy as to why nobody came to aid the child who was screaming out in agony. It was probably because he was smarter than that of a kid his own age.

It was said that he had the knowledge that of a five-year-old. Not even the Crown Prince could match him in intelligence. Speaking of which, the boy had hardly ever seen the Crown Prince. He was what, nine now? 

The child had seen him once, and that one time was enough to scare him. It happened about a week prior actually. But to a toddler, a week could feel like seven years. The child had been chasing another noble toddler. 

He ended up getting lost and somehow managed to wander into the boy of high status's office. He would never be able to forget the cold and harsh voice that echoed throughout the room. The cold eyes that look so familiar but felt so distant all at once.

The child spent no time rushing out of the room and to his mother. But instead of being comforted, he was harshly slapped in the face. He proceeded to be yelled at in front of the entire court of His Majesty. 

All the whispers and taunts still haunted the young boy to this day. He quickly rushed out of the room and stormed into his chambers. He cried and cried throughout the night. It made it worse when his mother practically beat him until a maid intervened. 

From that day on, he swore to stay away from the Crown Prince. So there he sat, sobbing his heart out, waiting for anyone to approach him.

"Hah, look at him," scoffed a maid.

The boy turned his head towards the woman who just spoke. Instead of a comforting look, all he got was a spiteful and mocking eye. He flinched a bit as the maid inched closer. 

"You think anyone would help a mutt such as yourself?"

The boy's eyes widened a bit as she giggled. 

SLAP

Tears began to overwhelm the child as he looked back up at the woman who slapped him. Grinning in victory, she laughed as she kicked him as well. The child still couldn't understand who would hurt a two-year-old. 

The woman giggled as she walked away, acting as if she was the Queen of this dump. Wiping his eyes, the boy hesitantly stood up, trying to avoid any unnecessary pain. Gripping the railing, he stood straight. 

Stumbling around, he walked in search of his mother. Desperately trying to search for her. Perhaps this time she would take pity on him. He could hear the maids laughing and whispering such horrid things behind his back. 

"Ow," he sobbed as he fell to the floor. 

It was too much for his small body to bear. Too much for him to take in. He wanted his mother so much and so desperately. He could hear the maids taunting him, each taking a turn at smacking him.