OLD{27: Aftermath}

DAYS UNTIL CORONATION: 2

Ochako's P.O.V

I quickly walk down the hallways of the castle. My thoughts constantly shouting, begging me to acknowledge their existence. I couldn't think, not like this. I walked into my room and fell to the floor. 

My tears began to spill down my cheek. Was this all my fault? Shoto was only looking for Deku and that's why he was out there! Katsuki only got so hurt because he was protecting my brother who was looking for Deku!

Deku only almost got killed because Shoto was looking for him. What if I had never taken a walk in the garden that day? Would we have ever met? Would Deku have gotten in and taken vital information? Would I have gotten involved in his search? Would we have been enemies? 

Just the thought of me and Deku hating each other shook me to my very core. I've grown to care for him, his soft eyes, freckles, all of it! But has Deku grown to care for me too? Does he feel the same way? 

My mind goes back to the hug we shared earlier. No, he does the feel same way as I do. Why did we have to end up on the opposite side? Why couldn't he have been with us? It's all too late. Too late for his redemption in my family's eyes.

My tears kept flowing down as my family came into my head. All of their faces. Mother, Father, and Touya. Just thinking that Shoto was almost added to the list stung in more ways than one. Why were my heart and head so torn? I should be siding with Shoto! But at the same time, I want to side with Deku!

I sighed as I shook my head, confidently wiping the tears from my eyes. 

No, this is the path that I took. I can't go back and change the past, but I can change the future. I will make sure we all get a happy ending! 

I quickly stood up and opened my door, heading towards Shoto's room. All the servants bowed as I rushed past them. I need to see that he is alright, I want to see his open eyes! I look at his room to see maids rushing in and out, bloody towels in their arms. 

My heart sank, did his wounds open up again? I worriedly walked in to see Shoto sleeping, peacefully on his bed. I turned to find the nearest maid and approached her.

"Y-Your Highness," she gasped. 

"What is wrong with my brother?"

She quickly responded, "O-Oh! Nothing is wrong with His Highness, Your Highness. We're just cleaning up all the cloths we used to stop the bleeding." She then quickly went back to rushing in and out of his room. 

I looked at the piles of bloody towels. They had to use this much? I took my seat next to my older brother. Would Auntie finally push back the coronation? I sighed as I looked out his window. Stupid Shoto, going out with only one guard to protect him. 

He grumbled a bit, probably from the pain. His eyes then slowly opened. I could feel my relaxation finally fall upon me as I weakly smiled. 

He slowly turned his head as his tired eyes met mine. He mumbled, "O-Ochako?"

Holding back the tears, I weakly responded, "Hey Shoto."

He kept looking around, before wincing. I guess his senses came back as he quietly asked, "W-What happened?"

I sighed, "You were severely injured Shoto, ring any bells?"

He looked back the other way, probably thinking. "Oh yeah, that's right," he commented. He turned back to face me, "Wait, how many days has it been?"

"It's been an hour."

He relaxed as he shifted a bit. 

"Shoto," I called out his name in an annoyed tone.