OLD{7: The Princess and the Town}

Ochako's P.O.V

We snuck out! Wow, I haven't seen the front of the castle for so long. I just wanted to sit and stare at it for a while. It was huge! I had forgotten. I also seemed to have forgotten that we needed to get out of that area quickly to avoid suspicion.

Deku snapped and slapped my face. "Ow!" I glared at him. I spat, "Hey watch it! I could easily get guards."

He ribbed, "Well since we have a clone of you, they won't believe you. And you're dressed as a commenter. So..." I sighed in defeat. 

Why is he like this? We soon passed the gates and ran as fast as we could. We made it into the main village. I sat there in awe. 

From my room, you can kind of see the town. But we are a little far away from it, and the people just look like aunts. The only other people I've ever seen are servants and guards. And maybe a few exceptions. But they all wore the same-generic thing.

And without court, you don't have as extravagant dresses. However, the maids who act as my ladies-in-waiting do wear better dresses so you can identify them. But I haven't seen people who aren't all cleaned up or people who are also very rich.

I just couldn't believe my eyes. It was amazing. Families shopping. Some who were still starting out trying to calm down their young kids. While some who have been in the system is handling their wild children. Couples just being in love. Friends laughing and spending time together. Or just people browsing the shop. Or people just walking.

The atmosphere felt home-like. Just happy overall. You feel at home. You never feel alone. There's always someone you can talk to. Kids your own age who you can talk t! 

I'm hit with memories of when I was younger. When the caste was filled with this atmosphere. There was joy. But that atmosphere was soon ruined with the death of my parents. It was cold and filled with fear. I spent a lot of that dark time with Shoto. People looked to us.

I shook my head and looked at Deku. "So, what are we going to be doing?"

Deku thought of his sentence. He then explained, "Well this is the fourth day of the Sun's Spring Festival-"

I squeal, "Wait, there's a festival?" 

Deku grunted, obviously annoyed he had to explain to me. "Yes. Your Aunt doesn't have time to plan them like your mother once did. So, some of the nobles planned them for a while. But then they stopped because they had to focus on their money. So now the townspeople hold them."

"Wow, I never considered how even the simple things my parents did would be affected." 

Deku's head tilted. He asked, "What do you mean simple?"

I look at him and disclosed, "Yes. Mother did way more important things, planning festivals was an option for her. She never had to do it." Deku felt a bit hurt. I didn't know why.

He continued, "Well, the fourth day tends to be the best day. Everybody participates. So I figured since you wanted to get out to know your people, we would go out on the day where you would interact with them the most."

I almost cried. Who would've thought, a villain being considerate? Nonetheless, I wanted to thank him. But then I thought of playing his cards.

I gibbed, "Aw, you were thinking about me? How sweet of you, thank you Deku! You're so considerate." 

His eyes widened, and he turned red. Just a little, but I could see it. He turned his head and stuttered, "S-Shut up. P-Princess." I smirked at my victory. I decided to take even more advantage of his flustered state.