{1: The Todoroki Itsuki Family}

...

...

"#########"

"N-No! M-Mother!"

"#########"

"Take her and run-Now!"

"No!"

"######"

"Gasp!"

The girl shot up, sweat dripping from her forehead. She whipped her head around, examining her room. She held her breath, waiting to see if something was going to jump out. Seconds passed with the girl sitting in the darkroom, just waiting. She let out a shaky breath. 

Calm down, it's just my room. It's ok. 

The girl directed her attention to the windows, taking in the sunrise. Sighing, she lifted the covers off her and moved towards her closet. Staring at her dresses, she let her mind wander. To what one may wonder? That's a question that she can't even answer.  

Calling for her maids, she began getting out of her nightwear. Her eyes caught the scars that haunted her otherwise delicate and smooth skin. One long one on her right thigh and a smaller one on her right wrist. She was never given a reason for her scars. Her aunt refused to answer her whenever she asked. Her brother also bore a scar on the left side of his face. When she brought it up, he always struggled to find the words. She figured it had been from trauma. The girl only has a vague explanation for her scars thanks to the whisper of the servants. All she could gather was they were related to the day she lost everything. 

The door opened and the maids came in, all bowing and mumbling at the same time, "Good morning Princess Ochako Todoroki Itsuki."

The Princess smiled weakly, her eyes narrowing a bit, before turning around. "I wish to be dressed in my flower dress." The maids nodded and began to work. Some fetching the dress while the other began putting on her corset and other underwear. 

Ochako decided to look out the window when the curtains were drawn. Although the sky was beautiful, it didn't feel like it belonged to the kingdom it lightened. Old and damaged, that's what Ochako's Kingdom Musutafu looked like. It was gray and filled with crime. 

The fields were dull, the buildings old, and the people broken. The loss of the monarchs broke Musutafu and everyone who once inhabited it. Ochako closed her eyes, taking in the memory of what her kingdom once was. The smell of honey and the warmth filled her. The bright lights and the golden fields colored her view. All of it gorgeous.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when the maids bowed and left the room, filling it with silence and leaving her alone once again. Looking out at her window, the Princess was brought back to the harsh reality of the world. She headed towards the door, taking in the last few moments of spending time in her refuge. 

She opened her door and began walking the halls of the palace. Passing the paintings of her family that haunted the empty space. Ochako paused to look at the one painted before everything went to hell.

It was a simple but elegant one. All of her family together. When the Princess was born, rumors of the Queen's infidelity spread like a wildfire. Ochako herself had always wondered why she looked different from the rest of her family. 

When these rumors got to her head, King Enji always told his daughter she was the spitting image of her paternal grandmother, putting to rest any doubt in her head. Ochako was young but was taught that even those who stood for the same country would try to take the Royal Family down, so she had to stand tall with her older brothers. 

Her mother, Queen Rei, would tell her daughter that she went through all of the trouble to give birth to her, and to not let the voices let her undermine her mother's hard work. Besides, Ochako was given her mother's smile and her father's stubbornness. If only they would shine when she needed them the most.