OLD{24: Getting Closer and Closer}

DAYS UNTIL CORONATION: 2

Ochako's P.O.V 

 I looked at the scene that had unfolded right in front of me. I couldn't believe it! I mean, I wasn't disgusted, I just never thought Kastuki and Shoto would-n-nevermind. I could feel my own blush from embarrassment flush my cheeks. 

Shoto and Kastuki both jumped and looked at each other then at me. Shoto yelled, "O-Ochako! Wh-What are you doin-doing!? Why didn't y-you knock!?"

I argued back, "I-I did knock! And I c-called your name to-o!" I couldn't think straight or speak straight at all. I looked at them again and stared blankly at Kastuki. Who would've thought that he and my brother were going to be a thing?

I stumbled a bit when trying to approach him and I ended up face planting. 

"Ow," I mutter into the floor.

"Ochako," Shoto shouted. 

I huffed out smiling, "Yeah, yeah, I'm ok. I'm ok Shoto." I shake off any annoying aches and look at my brother. Smirking, I commented, "Soooooooo, is he gonna be your king?"

Shoto's face went red as his hair as he spluttered, "W-What why would you even suggest such-"

I interrupted, "Well I suppose King isn't the proper term for one who married into the royal family. King consort? Yeah, that's right." Shoto just stared at me, Kastuki even let a little blush slip. 

I stood up, leaving behind a dumbfounded Shoto, and approached the blonde boy. "So, my brother was able to tame the nasty red ogre," I asked while chuckling. 

Kastuki growled, "What is that supposed to mean!?"

I smiled, "Hm? So what were you doing kissing my brother, in private?"

Kastuki looked to Shoto for help, but he was still too busy being completely dumbfounded. I looked at him just to scare him. I thought the brave and mighty guard wouldn't be scared of a girl. But I suppose the difference is that I'm a princess. I am capable of multiple things. 

"I-um, Your H-Highness, you se-see I was just-"

"You were just what?" I act to be getting impatient which only scares Kastuki even further. 

"Ochako that is enough," Shoto finally said. I sighed and looked back at him. Was he actually angry? "I am allowed to do whatever I please since I am to be King soon, you are my subject that is to obey," he firmly stated. 

My eyes widened a bit. Shoto was never this harsh towards me. It's so rare to see this side of him. He only acts like this to people he usually is annoyed by or hates. I backed away slowly. Just seeing him like this scares me. 

I whisper, "I-I-" His glare only grows sharper. Why was I so scared? Why does this feel like some sort of confrontation? What is happening? I couldn't speak, my throat felt like it had a lump in it. 

Kastuki came to my rescue by grabbing Shoto's attention. I was too frightened to notice what he did. Shoto's pose softened but it was all too late. 

I quickly bowed, "I'm sorry Your Highness the Crown Prince, forgive my harshness and recklessness. May the sun's blessings forever be with you. Now, excuse me." 

Before I could look at him in the eye, I quickly headed towards the door. He called out my name, probably apologizing, but that wasn't what I was afraid of. I quickly shut the door and ran to my room. 

I noticed the guards were all of the sudden there. What? Weren't you just gone? I shook my head and looked at them. They bowed and paid respects.