OLD{25: Fleeting Memories Coming Back}

Third Person's P.O.V

With the moon shining brightly down on the kingdom below, it made it extremely difficult for the child to sleep. He rolled over in annoyance, waiting every second to hear those familiar heels stepping down the hallway. 

Sniffling, he sat up. His mother had ignored him all-day, and it was causing the boy to forget what his mother even looked like. He stepped down and looked around the room filled with lavish decorations. 

He began to silently cry, his little nightgown swaying with the wind. It had to be roughly two in the morning. The door slowly opened to reveal a maid. A kind woman who had black hair with ruby red eyes, the only one in the whole castle to care for the boy.

She spotted the toddler crying and rushed over to him. "Shhh, what's wrong my Lord," she gently asked, calming the three-year-old down. 

The boy wasted no time in asking, "W-Where's Mama?" His green pools began to glow with his tears, it almost made him look like one of those children actors in plays.

The maid's heart cracked seeing the child hurt. She never understood why people would leave this adorable little cinnamon roll all by himself. The only reason he wasn't killed off was because His Highness took a liking to him. 

She shook her head, "Nevermind her, she'll be back soon my Lord. You need rest, come now." Her soft and gentle voice almost sent the greenette to sleep as she picked him up, rocking him gently. He had a rather small and frail body since he wasn't allowed to eat much. 

It angered the woman that his mother was so heartless and refused to even look after her still young and impressionable son. She often thought about taking him in, even His Highness had considered giving him to the Duke and Duchess who are having a difficult time bearing child, but that lady won't give him up so easily.

Her Majesty hates the child and will go after it since he is rare and the only one of his kind in the kingdom. Her melancholy touches the hearts of those who side with her. The poor boy is stuck in the life of the dirt children, the illegitimate ones. 

She tucked the boy into the bed he shared with his mother, well, "shared" isn't the right term. More like he borrows is when his mother is out with her lover. The maid noticed the bruises on the child's arm.

She had to do something! Perhaps she could give the child to her family back in her home kingdom. The maid was no ordinary person, as to be expected for someone who is the Crown Prince's nanny.

She comes from the Dukedom of the neighboring kingdom. Unable to have children of her own, her twin brother suggested she cared for the Prince. His Highness loved her more than his own mother since she too hated her son. 

Perhaps that's why the Crown Prince took pity on this miserable creature. Just like him, he had potential. And just like him, his mother hated him too. The maid sighed as she caressed the boy's cheek. 

There wasn't much she could do for him anyway. She was the second in line to the succession of her family, and many considered her unable to even take it since she could not bear children. She and her brother were often looked down on since their mother died giving birth to them.

Besides, her brother's wife was to give birth to a successor soon. As well as her kingdom's Queen who would have the youngest member of the imperial family. She weakly smiled at the sleeping toddler.

.

.

.

.