OLD{12: The Rooftop}

Ochako's P.O.V

I groan in frustration. I lightly hit the book against my head. After my conversation with Auntie, she assigned me more guards. And not only that, they were to stay by my side at all times. Except at night, when I am to sleep. 

This is so infuriating. I mean, I am talking to Deku. But still, she should trust my judgment. I am the daughter of Enji Ryland. Said to be a very wise ruler. And my mother, who is also very wise! 

I huff as I continue reading. Not only that, but she's also doubled my duties as Princess! This is my only break, and it sucks. I have so much to read and sign. I'm kind of glad that I don't have to be Queen.

But my mind couldn't help but think of what she had said. 

Shoto will be king Ochako! It should've been you! That scar didn't kill him! Did it!? Did it Ochako? No! He was already out and alive! And now what!? My reign, it's over!

What did she mean? Those words never left my mind. I shook my head, but it didn't leave. What did she mean it should've been me? And that scar didn't kill Shoto? Her reign is over? I worried for my big brother. 

Did somebody take Auntie's place as her impersonaitor? She had always been so kind to us, and always cared for us. I sighed. I needed to investigate. It's illegal to go against the crown, and conspire against it. I know very well my life could be taken away. But this is for our kingdom! This is for my family!

Mother had a network of spies she used if anybody tried to assisnate us. Every assasiation attempt was always unwravled thanks to her. She was a genious. She taught me how to use the spies, and I learned from a yong age.

When she died, the leader of the spies handed me a secret will. It was the power to command and use them as I wish. it would be hard since a lot of them were nobles, but we have a good amount of guards as spies. 

This would be my first time using them. Mother entrusted me with them. She originally taught me how to use them so I could teach Touya's wife how to use them. These spies are used for the Queen. 

Mother never liked Auntie, she always had a sucspison about her. So no wonder she trusted them to me. Auntie wanted them, but a letter was sent that they had disbanded. I don't know why they ddint' trust Auntie. But only I knew of them. 

Queens in the past used them to fight agaisnt tyrant kings. Pretty smart if you ask me. Shoto doesn't even know about them. But I have to get the leader first. I sigh and stand. I walk into Mother's office. 

The guards are Auntie's spies. She made her own spy orginazation. And she'll pass it onto Shoto. I have to disrtact them. I looked at them and asked, "Quickly! Get my brother Shoto. I need him now!"

Two of them nod and I'm left with the remaning three. I curse to myself as I snap at them, "This catsle is huge! I need him now! Go! Find him!" They nod their heads and run out. I sigh. I have to keep quiet, one of them surley stayed behind to listen in on me.

I quietly knocked on the window. I waited for a response. A few seconds later a knock on the wall. The secret passage. I knock on it, sending a message. 

Get me the leader. Tell him to meet me at 1 AM on my balcony.

The person knocked back.

Alright Princess.

I sigh and wait for Shoto to be summoned. I had to think of why I called him here. I pulled out a little portrait of Touya that I kept. It bummed me out. I took this portrait and it had belonged to Shoto. He had been desperatley looking for it, and it pains me to give it up. But we have to give things up in life.