XXXIV. Reflections

SEOKJIN

5 a.m.

I stared at the clothes sprawled on my bed. Thinking of the right clothes to wear. Today is my birthday and I am beyond excited.

"Everything looks good on you, you shouldn't think that hard," Yoongi went in with a cup of coffee in his hand. "What's your plan?"

I shook my head as I picked up the clothes that I think was perfect. "I will cook steak, wine, greek salad, candles, then we will take a bath together, probably some movies, that's my ideal romantic date."

"Are you sure he will come?"

I rolled my eyes, "Of course! It's my birthday."

I heard him sigh, "You know that I'm just a call away whenever something comes up."

I ignored him and continued fixing my clothes.

Yoongi chuckled as he moved closer to look me in the eye. "You know what you're doing, right Jin?"

I pushed him and walked past him. Opening the door wide so he would go out. "You've been asking me that since I don't know when. Now get out, I will change."

Yoongi walked out of my room shaking his head with a smirk on his face. I know he's against my choices. My choices are most of the time, if not all, in the extremes.

After what happened last week, Taehyung had been distant. We talk, we still kiss, no sex, he still hugs me whenever he's tired or frustrated. But the whole week, he's busy sorting something personal. Though I already have an idea, I don't want to interfere. I don't want to cause more chaos in our already chaotic world.

Jimin had been present in the office most of the time. Something he'd never done before. I knew he already had a clue. I wonder why he'd not made a scene as of yet. But perhaps, he already made Taehyung felt of his suspicion. The reason why he was distant lately.

While doing my hair, my phone rings and it's Taehyung. A smile immediately appeared on my face. It's so early to receive a call from him. Clearing my throat, I answered the call with a sensual tone.

"Hey, good morning,"

"Jin, I'm sorry for bothering you early morning but I have an emergency meeting at 8 am. I already emailed the details, can you make a presentation for that? I'm sorry. The partners arrived last night and they will leave later tonight. Sorry for the rush," his voice sounded urgent. I am expecting that the call is about my birthday but turned out, he's stressed so early in the morning.

"It's okay. I will prepare it. Don't worry much. You can trust me on this," I said. I am disappointed but I tried my best to understand. Indeed, his partners are very important for his business.

"Thank you." I can see him smile even just hearing his voice. "Oh, Jin!"

I smiled widely again. Hopes up. "Yes?"

"Be at the office at 7:30 am, okay?"

The smile disappeared.

It's my birthday.

***

Coffee and sandwich on his table. Things I never forget to do.

I smiled as I went back to my desk to do some final editing of his presentation. I guess I did well based on his email, I think the partners would be impressed.

"Hey, good morning," he leaned down to kiss me on the lips. He then pulled me up and held me close. "I'm sorry for the early rush. I hope you're not mad at me."

I kissed him back and smiled. His face was apologetic and handsome enough for me to forgive. "It's okay. It's part of my job. Now, better eat your breakfast first before the meeting starts."