I . Mirror

MIRRORS show us what we look like,
Not who we are.

===•••∆•••===

They said we should admire ourselves in the mirror and tell ourselves how beautiful we are

They said we should admire ourselves in the mirror and tell ourselves how beautiful we are. But too much admiration can be a source of fear. Fear of losing that beauty that our eyes can see.

I always tell myself to make use of that beauty while I still can. I only live once. One day, I will get old, my skin will get saggy, fine lines will be too obvious when I smile, and probably, I cannot look at myself in the mirror anymore.

"Good morning!" I smiled one more time in the mirror, making one last brush on my hair to push it away from my forehead. They said I look good with the forehead out.

I dab a very thin balm to define the contours of my plump lips. Men and women alike said it's my best feature. I can tell, my ex-boyfriends love to nip and suck on them. They love how it fits perfectly on their lips and how great it looks around their manhood. Perhaps, it was the same reason why they still run after me.

At 20, I can tell that I've had enough experience. In college, I am a heartthrob. Even the professors drool at how my shoulders look in a knitted top, more so in a turtle neck. It defines my shoulder well.

During those times, I thought dating a college popular was awesome. I thought being popular was an edge. I thought being the subject of every men and women's fantasies was terrific. I thought those things will give me happiness.

I'm wrong.

They broke my heart into pieces. And it evolved into hate. The hate of how immature younger men can get. How they wanted someone like me so they will enjoy the popularity I am having. Yes, I am like a grand prize for them. Never treated me as a  man. A man with value. A man with feelings. A man to love, to care, and to hold.

I entered the human resource department of the company I am currently applying for. I saw on the internet that they are looking for a new Executive Assistant to the Chairman. Sounds great and high-paying.

As I entered the room with several employees, I heard a man laughing like a horse and talking in a high-pitch voice. He scolded an employee, ranting like there is no tomorrow.

I face the first person I saw inside the office. A young woman looks shocked at the way the man just acted.

"Hello, my name is Kim Seokjin and I am looking for Mr. Choi Wooshik," I asked the girl and she points towards the direction of the woman the man was scolding a little earlier.

"That's his assistant. You can go to her and tell her about your appointment." She still looks alarmed. Perhaps, that man is a terror boss.

I talked to the woman whose face is still red from embarrassment by the way his boss treated her. I pity her for experiencing such treatment.