XXXIX. Words

Secrets and Lies kill relationship.
No matter how careful you are,
you will get caught.
What's done in darkness
Always comes to light.

•••••

Jin was caught off guard as he felt a hard slap on his cheek

Jin was caught off guard as he felt a hard slap on his cheek. Still holding his painful cheek, he smiled before making eye contact with Jimin. "Oh, the cat is out?"

Jin received all the stabbing stares Jimin was giving him. He wasn't sure if he was happy or worried. But he was sure he liked the reaction on Jimin's face. "How could you flirt with my husband? You know he's married! We have children you bitch!"

Jin chuckled hearing Jimin's angry complaints. "Wait, wait. What did you just say? Can you repeat that?"

"Stop going in circles, Seokjin! You know exactly what I mean. Don't you have any conscience at all? How can you even sleep at night? You're destroying my family!" Jimin screamed the last line as tears streamed down his face. He was annoyed how Jin could still give him a wicked smile despite all the wrong he was doing.

"I fully understand you. It seemed it's you who didn't understand me." Jin said, matter-of-factly.

Jimin stared at Jin in confusion as Jin scoffed and turned his back at him. Picking up the glass of wine he placed on the side table earlier.

"You said, children?"

Jimin snickered, not getting a full understanding of what Jin was up to. "Stop bitching with me, can you?"

Jin laughed, even softly slapping Jimin's shoulder, before abruptly stopping and glared at Jimin, "Maybe you mean, you and Taehyung has a child. Singular. You got your grammar wrong."

Jimin's breath hitched. His angry stares now turned into worried ones. He used to make himself believe that Jin didn't know anything but it seemed his nightmares were somehow coming into life.

"Just stop destroying my family!"

Jin laughed making Jimin more irritated. "Me? Did I?"

Jin stepped closer to Jimin, looking down and glaring at him. His eyes were full of disgust and hate. Something he had been keeping for so long. "You destroy your family a long time ago, Jimin. You destroy Taehyung, you destroy Jiho, you destroy Ahni, and you destroy my best friend's life you fucking bitch! You should have been in jail for having sex with a sixteen-year-old, for threatening him, and for giving him anxieties! For conniving with your father and giving threats to people who discovered your dirt.

Do you think I am naive? I and Hoseok have the same feeling towards you and that's disgust! How could you deny Yoongi his rights as a father? How could you sleep at night for thirteen years knowing that the one sleeping beside you is fathering a child that's not his? How could your conscience took that Taehyung and your children are living in a life that is full of lies and deceits? Now, answer all the questions you asked me earlier. I am evil? We are both evils. So don't you dare fucking play like you're a victim!!!"

Jimin could only cry. He felt as if it was the end of all his secrets. Something he kept hidden for so many years. And the way it was about to get revealed was beyond his expectation.

"So, you're now admitting that you only used my husband to get back to me. Is that how cheap you are, Seokjin?"

Jin once again cracked up, more of a ridicule towards the man speaking in front of him. "Well, I'm sorry honey. Sorry to say but I'm in love with your husband. Perhaps, I did think of making him fall for me so I can get back to you. But it's just impossible not to fall for him. Handsome, rich, smart, sweet, hot, massive dick, great in bed..."

"Sex is all he wants from you! Nothing more. He will choose us. His family. Never you!"

Jin derided what Jimin had just said, he could not stop laughing as he poured more wine into his glass. "You know what? Perhaps, you're right. But just your children. Never you. Once he learned about your garbage, I'm sure he will throw you into a trash bin. So you won't stink his life again."

"Fuck you, Jin! Fuck you!!!"

Jin put his index finger against his lips, signaling Jimin to shush. Jin once again stepped forward, just an inch away from Jimin so he could look closer into Jimin's eyes and get a better glimpse of Jin's reactions. "Maybe sex is all that Taehyung wants from me but I am certain that he enjoyed it. You are boring, maybe that's what it means. And that's what I want you to think about every time he's beside you. That's what I want you to remember whenever you two are together. He enjoyed every single moment we had sex. On the bed, couch, shower, his fine oak desk in the office, on the wall, you fucking name it. We did it everywhere you could think of. Oh! Yeah! Remember the last time you invited me to dine out with your family? We fucked in the toilet.

I hope the thought haunts you while you sleep. I hope you get a taste of what you did to my best friend. I hope you feel all the pains you inflicted on the people you deceive and fool for thirteen years. The game is over Jimin. And I want you to feel how to be alone and sad. And desperate. Karma is waving at you. And I am your karma. Perhaps you're a bitch. But I am bitchier than you."

Jimin swallowed before wiping the tears on his cheeks. "You messed up with the wrong person, Seokjin. Even if you only want to destroy me, my children would get hurt. Is that what you want? Okay, you win. But Taehyung will not come back to you. Imagine just being a backup? How would that feel?"

Jin smirked, emptying the wine and placing it on the table. "Well, I am positive that Taehyung won't come back for you too. Your children will hate you. Taehyung will hate you. How would that feel?

Just stop making me feel guilty. It's not working. Stop acting righteous because you've been a cheater before. Even if I didn't come after you, in one way or another, everyone will get hurt once they learned that Ahni is Yoongi's daughter. You already hurt them indirectly for thirteen years. And I guess that is more painful. Letting your family live in lies for so long."

Jimin screamed in frustration. He didn't know what to say anymore. He just had a problem that his husband was having an affair, and now, a much bigger problem came. And this time, he didn't know how he could escape. "Leave my family alone! Leave us alone!"

Jimin turned his back as he ran towards the elevator. Frantically pressing the button. Jin followed and leaned on the wall beside the elevator door as he watched Jimin panic-stricken pressing the elevator button.

"Remember what I tell you, alright? Whenever Taehyung is beside you, you'll see my ghost. Haunting you. You better spill the tea now before someone else spill it for you."

The moment the door opened, Jimin rushed inside and covered his ears as Jin intentionally stood in front of the door while it closes, smiling evilly at him while mocking him. As he stood at the corner of the elevator, he screamed out all his frustrations. He didn't know what to feel. The emotions were overwhelming him.

While Jin quietly stood in front of the elevator door, staring at his reflection, he felt a tear fell from his cheeks. He didn't expect that the man staring back at him would be so weak. And that man was him.

He was brave to speak, to throw insults at the person who broke his best friend's heart, but why did it hurt? He clutched his chest as he felt it tightening. All the words Jimin told him pierced through his heart.

He knew he made a mistake and he knew he hurt a lot of people. He thought he would feel better once he saw Jimin in pain but hearing all the hurtful words coming from Jimin pained him. Something he didn't expect. He didn't know that hearing all the painful words directly from the father of the children he didn't want to hurt would affect him so much.

With shaking hands, he pulled out his phone and dialed a number. "Hoseok?"

××××