XXVII. Torn (New)

Life's greatest lessons are usually
learned at the worst times
and from the worst mistakes...

★°°•°°★

★°°•°°★

Everyone commits mistakes. It's kind of redundant to hear that mistakes can make you a better person because you learn from them. In my case, I think my past mistakes made me a pathetic idiot.

I learned from it but I dealt with it the wrong way. Mistakes cannot be fixed with another mistake. I know that but I still did it anyway.

★°°•°°★

Jungkook poured a shot of tequila on Taehyung's shot glass. Taehyung dabbed some salt on the back of his hand, took the shot, and sipped a lemon.

"You had a bad day?" Jungkook inquired, looking concerned at his friend.

Taehyung shook his head as he watched the liquid being poured again into his glass. "No. Not really. Honestly, I'm starting to enjoy it."

Jungkook nodded with a smile. "Hmm... Is it Jin?"

Taehyung let out a short laugh. "And what made you think that it's because of Jin?"

"We've been friends for so long Taehyung."

"You know, because it's normal to you."

Jungkook laughed, held his palm up as if surrendering. "I'm not judging you! I saw you texting him. Am I being nosy?"

Taehyung did not answer. He just stared at his glass with a small smile on his face.

"So it's confirmed. No words. Your smile. You're having an affair with your assistant," Jungkook smiled as if he was teasing Taehyung who just looked down, and a boxy smile formed on his mouth. Jungkook laughed, slamming his hand on the table. "I'll be honest with you, but I did try it on him. I know you know that. He's gorgeous, he's a flirt, but Hoseok blocked me before I could even take another step."

"I know. You had lunch with him. You even tried it on him at Hoseok's party. It's your nature, I'm not surprised." Taehyung could not agree more. He knew Jungkook well.

"How did you find it? I mean, that could be the reason why our friendship might end. You know."

Taehyung chuckled, shaking his head, "I'm sorry, but I guess Jin is not interested to hook up with you."

Jungkook laughed. Rubbing the back of his head as he found Taehyung's comment true, but embarrassing, "Well, surprisingly, he's the first. Everyone's running after me but he, he's difficult. I'm shocked you made it. And to top it all, you're married! He's really up for a challenge, don't you think?"

Taehyung smirked and took another shot of alcohol, clearing his throat as he faced his curious friend. "This is shit, Kook. At first, I thought I'll feel guilty, but now, I'm craving for him all the time."