XLI. Walk Away

AN:

My dear readers, what is the title of this book again?

Okay. Great.

I hope we are clear. The title itself says it all. I just thought you forgot so I'm just reminding you. 😂😂

Also, please forget the past plot. It won't make a comeback. I guess it's better off this way.

Unholy Jin said, "Love me, hate me, I don't give a shit." 😹😹😹

Love you guys. Thank you for supporting this book. I truly enjoy reading your comments, theories, etc. Please, make my books a safe space for everyone.

Enjoy the last few chapters 💜

∆∆∆∆∆

Seokjin

Seokjin

11:45 PM

I've always heard the clock tick this loud. I have. When I was feeling alone and sad. There were moments when I felt the wall would crush me. Like now. I felt as if they were getting closer and closer. Ready to squeeze me to death.

I was staring at the envelope in front of me. I was excited to give it to Taehyung. He should be here within the next fifteen minutes.

Friday.

I told him I would wait for him on a Friday. But why my heart was beating slow? I felt like I was going to choke. Breathing was a chore. It was difficult. I was expecting him to come early. I already prepared our dinner. The candle on the middle of the table was the only light inside my home. I watched how its wax kept on dripping. As if it was crying for me. Or with me?

It felt weird. This wasn't what I want. I have other plans. But why did it hurt? Why do I still make myself believe that he would come? Why did I prepare all these when I know in my heart that nothing will happen. I could not understand my mind too. It was hard to explain. Though I wasn't expecting him to come, I was there, seated, waiting.

Yoongi told me that expectations usually cause heartaches. I wasn't expecting. I know Taehyung would come. He loved me. Was I confusing?

He would come to me.

Home to me.

***

Taehyung

"What are you going to do about it?" Jungkook asked, tensed, as I gave the photocopies of the documents I received and gave the original to Jungkook. As I went in his car. "Damn! Tell me your plans! I don't have plans to witness you killing someone."

"No. You wait inside the car and I will come back. If I didn't come back, that's when you follow me. Just keep the documents. This is a family problem, stay away from it."