XL. Sanity

I'm guilty of a mistake,
And I'm paying the price of it.

•••••

Taehyung stared at the view from below Jungkook's apartment

Taehyung stared at the view from below Jungkook's apartment. He only went home to get some clothes but Jimin wasn't there. He was staying at Jungkook's apartment for days now as Jimin was avoiding him.

"Where is Jimin? How about your children? They know?" Jungkook asked as he stood beside Taehyung, giving him a bottle of beer.

"I talked to them over the phone. I took Ahni to school earlier and I ate breakfast with Jiho. I told them I have a business trip so I won't be home for a while."

Jungkook nodded. "I bet Jiho can tell something's wrong. He's not that young anymore."

"I know. He asked. I have no guts to tell him what happened but I told him I and his father aren't going well. So we need some time to sort things out. I apologized to him and told him I committed a mistake and maybe he got it. I'm just glad he understood. He even told me he will look after Ahni while I'm away."

"Wow! He grew up so well. Some kids will go through anger. Or maybe because he hasn't heard what happened straight from you? But whatever, I'm happy Jiho isn't the brat like what we thought he is. To be honest, I can see myself at him. I'm glad I'm wrong."

Taehyung chuckled hearing Jungkook. That used to be his impression of his son too.

"Maybe you want to share your plans with me? I mean, are you really planning to sort things out with Jimin? Or you will go home to Jin like what he wanted? I mean, it's Friday today."

Taehyung shook his head. He already thought about it the night when he was caught by Jimin. " you know Jin isn't going to the office anymore. But I received a message from him the day after Jimin caught me. He told me he was sorry for what happened and he's hoping I will come home soon. I just replied with an apology. I have nothing to say as of now. I like him but it's wrong..."

"And it sucks..." Jungkook butted in with a smile.

Taehyung smiled weakly shaking his head, "Please don't say it like that. You know that I am married. Jimin and I are married for nineteen years. I know our marriage isn't perfect. I know I'm the one who cheated and I should do something about it. I am worried about what my children would feel once they learned that I am having an affair."

Jungkook took a deep breath and sat down on one of the chairs around his living room. "Can I tell you something?"

"You're scaring me."

Jungkook laughed with Taehyung's reaction. "No, please. Just listen first. I don't have concrete evidence. This is just my guts. I already noticed this before but was just hesitant because I was giving him the benefit of the doubt."

"Who are you talking about?"

"Namjoon. And I don't want to create a feud, please take this as a warning.  Look, Hoseok and Jimin used to be good friends but they aren't good anymore. Yes, during our meetups they were being civil but it still puzzles me since it was Hoseok who introduced Jimin to us. And you told me whenever you ask, they have the same answer, either is busy. But why one would take the time to be with us but couldn't when it's about them? I mean, there must be a deeper reason why they avoid each other.