XLII. Empty

TW: Suicide

Not happy
Not sad
I'm
Empty

••••

The clock ticked louder than usual

The clock ticked louder than usual. It was deafening. Why did a minute seem like a second? It was so fast I wanted to stop the hands from moving.

Too many words ringing in my ears. I was alone. Why did it feel like people were speaking to me? Saying so many negative things I didn't want to hear. Because it was painful to hear.

He didn't come.

11:59 PM

I already knew he wouldn't come. I watched how the hands of the clock reached midnight. The wind was hard it blew the light of my candle out. And the empty wine glass fell on the floor it sent shivers down my spine. My heart thumped painfully under my chest I needed to clutch it. It felt as if something bad happened. Or was it something bad is about to happen?

I looked out of the window. The moon was shining brightly. But it looked inviting. It felt like it was smiling at me. But even if it were, the light it was giving couldn't light up the darkness I was feeling inside. It was painful.

I looked at the envelope on the table. It now meant nothing but a paper. I thought the pain was my friend but why did it hurt me again?

The wind blew hard once more. Something inside me wanted to feel more of it. Maybe the wind could blow away all the tears and pains. Probably?

With the envelope in my hand, I walked out of my apartment building. But someone was waiting for me in the driveway. I knew right away that he was waiting for me. His eyes were so hard to read. Anger? Hate? Pity?

"J-Jiho?" I wiped my tears and tried to fix my shirt. He walked near me, his eyes were fixed on mine and I was afraid of what I would hear. I couldn't hear any more painful words because the pain in my heart was more than enough.

"Where's my dad?"

My heart was beating faster. Taehyung didn't come. Why would he look for him here?

"Stop pretending you're a nice person. I knew dad cheats with you. Do you need to use my dad just to get back at my appa? If my appa wronged your friend, is it just fair if you just did what is right instead of using my dad and putting pain to my family?" Jiho was calm but anger was evident in his voice. If there was someone I was expecting to question me, it was Taehyung.

"I... I'm s-sorry..." I hope I said it clearly because I have no more strength to speak. No more strength to defend myself. Because I have no right to defend myself. He was right, there were choices. But I chose to do the wrong one.

"Just leave my dad alone. Will you?" Jiho glared at me before leaving.

Jiho, Taehyung's precious son. I knew how much Taehyung love his children. And now, they were hurting more because of me. And hearing it from his child made the pain twice more.