XXV. Sinful

I'll slide my tongue over your skin,
You're the sweetest taste of sin...

★★°°•°°★★

★★°°•°°★★

I used to think that love was enough. But I also questioned myself if it's enough. There were moments where my loyalty was tested. I survived to most.

Sometimes, love isn't enough. No matter how I love or loved that person, no matter how I care or cared about him, no matter how I stepped on my ego and pride, sometimes, love isn't enough.

They will still hurt you in the end.

And you know what's the worst part? You will question yourself, I loved him, where did I go wrong?

★★°°•°°★★

"Dad, you should have told me that your assistant is young and handsome," Jiho poked his head to where his father was sitting. Giving Taehyung a mischievous smile.

"He's not even interested in you," Ahni pouted and crossed his arms against her chest.

"Why are you sulking?" Jiho asked angrily at his sister's teasing.

"You always think you're handsome that all men and women are interested in you. Well, let me break the bubble, you're not as handsome as our dad, right dad?" Ahni raised her eyebrow and gave his older brother a smile of mockery.

"Stop that," Jimin glared at his son and daughter through the rearview mirror causing Jiho and Ahni to shut their mouth. "Is he a good assistant, Tae?"

Taehyung nodded, his eyes on his tablet. "Well, he is. He is very organized. He does things in advance that I don't need to worry about my reports and all. He understood everything."

Jimin sighed in relief. "Nice to hear. I noticed you're not checking in a hotel to do some overnights, so I assume you're not that busy, unlike those times when Linda was still your assistant. I could still remember, you're not coming home most of the time, sometimes for a week, and you're always sleeping at the back of your office."

Taehyung looked at his husband whose eyes were focused on the road. Jin did make work easy for him. Jin was very proactive that he didn't need to work overtime. "Uh, yes. I noticed that too. He did make things easy for me, but I doubt the 'not busy' statement. After my meetings abroad, I am sure I needed to do overtime and sleepovers again."

Taehyung got his eyes back to his tablet. His mind was partly on the emails he was reading and partly on his affair with his assistant. His heart was guilty, but at the same time, he was finding ways on how to make things easy for him and Jin. He knew well that he didn't need those 'overtimes' he mentioned, but those 'overtime' could mask his free time with Jin.