XI. Marriage*

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family."

-Anthony Brandt

★°°•°°★

★°°•°°★

TAEHYUNG

Marriage.

Being married is a challenge. You share everything. There's no more mine or yours. It's always us or ours. Perhaps, we will learn the value of sharing. May it be material things or your values. May it be the same or different. You'll get to share it with your spouse. Challenging, isn't it?

The more when you have a child or children. Building a family requires patience and great responsibility. And when we start building a family, we start to work extra hard. We work hard to earn. We want to earn because we want to give the best to our family. It's the norm. If we can only give the world to our loved ones, I'm sure we already did.

We leave our home in the morning to work, we are packed with inspiration and thoughts of us doing this for our family. Then we will return home at the end of the day, sharing our success with them.

My family owns a big company. I am my father's successor. I worked my ass just to maintain the company's status. It's not about the money if you will ask me. The legacy is more important to me. I am certain that my father left this to me because he knows my capability. And I am proud to say that I have proven my worth.

When I got married, my whole world revolved around my family. My husband Jimin, my eldest son Jiho and my youngest daughter Ahni. We are a picture-perfect family. A model family.  Though I and my husband have misunderstandings at times, we always fix them and will stop them as soon as we can.

I got married at an early age. At 22 turning 23, I got my boyfriend pregnant, who was still in his teens. Jimin was 18 and his parents were so angry about what happened. To be honest, I don't have plans of marrying him, but since his parents demanded it, we found ourselves marrying each other.

It may be a forced one, but eventually, we learned to love each other. It's not because I didn't want to marry him back then, it's just that, we were both young. I want us to fulfill our dreams first before settling into married life. Surprisingly and fortunately, the setup worked for us. Right now, we cannot live without each other. My husband can be clingy at times, sometimes a bit nagger, but I always look forward to going home. Though I sometimes spent my nights in the office, I always go home to my family

I also have great friends around me. My college friends Namjoon and Hoseok and the youngest and hard-headed Jungkook. Hoseok owns a salon and spa. He's the one who introduced our group to Jimin. After graduation, Hoseok started his business and is now owned one of the most popular salons and spas. But he rarely hang out with us. I know it was sudden, but he always has excuses. I couldn't blame him, he was indeed a busy man.

Namjoon went abroad before I got married. He studied there and went back here with his then-boyfriend, now his husband. He also has his own business and is doing good in his field. He's also very close with my husband.

Jungkook, still a happy-go-lucky guy. He hates responsibilities. He hates settling down. At his age, he still acts like an immature man. But he's my go-to when I want to have a breather. He usually takes me to places that can relieve my stress. A party means Jungkook. He also has the right words to say no matter how painful those words are.

I have a great support system around me. They keep me sane all these years. They are my happy pill and I can't imagine my life without them. My family and my friends.

"Do you want to come on Friday? It's Hoseok's party. " I settle myself on the bed beside Jimin. On nights like these, we always talk about what happened during the day or we talk about our plans for the weekend. We usually spend our time watching movies until feeling sleepy.

Jimin shakes his head. "You know that I hate parties. And I'm planning to meet Jihoon."

I am curious, but also excited about his plans. Jimin rarely makes a plan of going out, but I always urge him to go out with his friends. It must be boring and toxic to stay at home the whole day. Something that he's been doing ever since we got married. I don't want him to feel like a prisoner. I want him to enjoy his life too.

"That's great. It's nice that you find time to relax. " I agreed, putting my arm on his shoulders and pulling him closer to me.

"How's work? You told me that Linda will be retiring very soon. " Jimin rests his head on my shoulder while he looks for a movie to watch on Netflix.

"I already have a new assistant." As much as possible, I don't want us talking about my work but I know he's aware of Linda's retirement. He's worried about me doing everything on my own.

Jimin sits down on the bed and shifts in his place to face me. "Nice to hear. I hope he or she is as organized and caring as Linda. Oh gosh, I will miss her."

Jimin frowns and I squeeze his nose. He's still the same as before when we were still young. He's good at making cute facial expressions.

"My assistant is a male. His name is Jin. He is young, so he uses a computer to organize everything for me. And yes, he's also caring. Don't worry, I think he's as good as Linda. " I said.

Jimin smiles with his eyes. His eyes are my favorite part of his body. His eyes smile whenever he smiles. "Nice to hear that. I'm so worried about Linda leaving you. I hope I can meet your new assistant soon."

"You can if you will pay a visit."

Jimin purses his lips and looks at the ceiling.

"Okay, I get it. You're lazy. " I laughed and he smiled widely.

"Seriously, I'll find time to visit you soon. Jiho always tells me that he's a frequent visitor, did he visit you earlier?"

I shake my head. "Jungkook and Namjoon were my only visitors the past few days."

Jimin nods and smiles. He goes back to leaning his head on my shoulder, finding a good movie again. "So where are you going on Friday? Don't come when Jungkook asked you to go somewhere else after the party."

I laughed at his request. It's funny that he cannot trust Jungkook fully. I can't blame him, indeed, Jungkook is a naughty guy.

"After the party, I will go home. Jungkook asked my new assistant for lunch earlier."

Jimin scoffs. "I wonder when will he grow up."

"Come on, Jungkook is okay at work. But to give you peace of mind, I will go home immediately after Hoseok's party. " I hugged him tighter. Running my fingers on his side. "Do you want to meet up after the party? I'll bring you to a coffee shop. I tasted their coffee and it's really good."

"What coffee shop? I thought you're loyal to Starlight? " Jimin giggled, slowly sliding his fingers in the waistband of my pajamas.

"Kat's. My new assistant brought one for me."

"Oh! Kat's. I've been there but Starlight is still the best for me." I was surprised that Jimin knew the place. "And before you ask why I know, Jihoon is a party guy. Party people know Kat's. He brought me there."

Jimin's fingers slide inside my boxers, making my breath hitch. Wrapping them around my semi-hard member. I lay him down, pressing my lips against his.

"I will punish you for not bringing me there," I whispered against his lips.

He smiles and stares into my eyes. "I thought you wouldn't like it because I don't, but still, I'm willing to be punished."

I kiss him again, slowly unbuttoning his top. I miss him. I always miss Jimin. It's been 18 years and I'm still madly in love with him. I guess more and more each day.