Epilogue: Something Special (Part 2)

A/N-I can't believe this is the final chapter of this book😭 I started writing this in May! This is insane! I'll definitely be writing an Out of the Shadows sequel to this. I plan on releasing that in Mid December or early January. Casey will be introduced in that one!
Thank you so much to the authors that helped me improve my writing and to all of the people that read this! It truly means a lot to me. Misfits will be updating in between the time of this book ending, and the next book starting so make sure to look out for updates! This book is complete, but I will eventually edit it over time. :) Now, let's get on to the final chapter.

"Are you REALLY sure you wanna help with this, I know that engineering isn't really your strong suit." Donnie said while looking at Alexis with concern.

"Of course I want to help!" Beamed Alexis with a bright smile.

When Alexis walked into the lair, she noticed Donnie working on something. Apparently he was working on a tricked out truck for him and his brothers to go on missions with.

"Alright, well I guess having an extra pair of hands couldn't hurt." Donnie said with a smile.

"Great!" Squealed out Alexis. "What do I do first?"

Donnie thought for a moment. "Can you hand me a screwdriver please?"

Alexis sighed. "Why not something a bit more important?"

Donnie smirked. "This is important, now how about that screwdriver?"

Alexis grumbled and grabbed a tool out of his toolbox and handed it to him. Donnie grabbed it from her hand and was about to use it, but then he realized what it was.

"...Lex do you know what this is?" He asked while holding up the tool for her to see.

Alexis nods. "It's a screwdriver!"

Donnie chuckled. "This is a hammer." He walked over and picked up a screwdriver from his toolbox himself. "This is a screwdriver."

Alexis blushed. "Oh..."

Donnie smiled and ruffled her hair. "You're so adorable."

Alexis giggled as he walked back to the truck to continue his upgrades.

She paused for a moment to stare at him for a while as he does his work. Alexis had never really LOOKED at Donnie before but now she was getting a chance. Although he wasn't necessarily as built as his brothers, he was still incredibly fit and strong. He was currently wearing some cargo pants that she got him along with some suspenders. She admired his glasses as well. It made her feel closer to him in a sense.

"Lex!"

Alexis snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Donnie who was looking at her with concern.

"Hm?"

"You alright? You seemed to be really deep in thought."

Alexis blushed. "Oh! Uh. Yeah! It's just that I-  well I guess you... I mean maybe us-"

"Woah woah slow down Lex. What's up?" Donnie asked while wiping his hands on a small towel.

Alexis took in a deep breath. Alright, it's now or never.

"Uhm...Donnie?"

"Yes?"

"I uh, well what I was meaning to say is that I've really fallen for you... I've never really fallen for anyone before and this is all quite foreign to me but uh... I really think you're cute and smart! Not that I ONLY value you for your smarts because that would be quite vain of me and that's never a good thing-"

Donnie cleared his throat because he wanted to point out that Alexis was starting to ramble.

Alexis sighed and continued. "The point is...I really like you. No, I love you."

Donnie smiled and looked down at her. "I love you too Lex, I just wasn't sure how to tell you."

Alexis grinned as she got on her tippy toes and wrapped her arms around Donnie's neck, forcefully bending him down and crashing her lips onto his. Donnie returned the kiss and wrapped his arms around her waist and holding her tight.

He didn't plan on letting go any time soon.

"Alright Angelcakes, it's official. I'm the king of Mario Kart."

Abby practically had steam coming out of her ears.

"No! I demand a rematch!" Abby shouted

Mikey chuckled. "I'm just that good girl. Can't can't help it."

Abby pouted and slumped on the couch.

Mikey smiled at her. "Aweeee I'm sorry Angel! Come here!" He said while holding his arms out for a hug.

A smile creeped on the corner of Abby's mouth.

"You know you want to...." taunted Mikey with a smirk.

Abby finally caved and gave Mikey a big hug. "You're lucky I love you so much!"

Mikey froze... "Uh...what?"

Abby shrieked and pulled away. "OMG I'm so sorry! You must think I'm so creepy and weird and you don't love me back and I-"

Abby was then interrupted by Mikey picking her up into another hug and twirling her around in the air. "I love you too Babycakes!"

Abby paused and looked down at him. "You do?"

Mikey grinned. "Why wouldn't I?"

Abby sighed. "Well all of my ex's said I was too annoying or childish or immature-"

"Angel. You're not annoying at all! And being childish and immature is a part of the fun!"

Abby looked at him with disbelief. "Really?"

Mikey smiled. "Really."

Abby leaned down and kissed him, and Mikey immediately kissed back. After a few seconds of kissing, Abby pulled away.

"How about that rematch?"

Mikey chuckled. "You're on babe!"