CHAPTER 24 - Free Choices

You were nervously shaking when you've received the news that your captain wants to meet you at a certain area. It doesn't help that it's a romantic night with a full moon.

No one's barely awake at this hour so what could your captain had wanted? Perhaps a confession, a promotion, it's something you really can't know.

"C-captain? Good evening, what is it that you called me for?" You walked towards the scene and smiled gently.

"I hope this time isn't any of an inconvenience" he started off to say.

"I've just finished errands so it's fine" you replied with a light voice. You noticed that the atmosphere is really beautiful at this our and you don't want to waste it by speaking to loud.

"(Y/n), I'm letting you go run your decisions" Fuegoleon started off as you looked at him with puzzled eyes.

"Decisions? I'm afraid I don't understand" you said with a perplexed tone. He closed his eyes and thought on how to phrase this better.

"You've been serving the Vermillions for years and so, I'm relieving you from your duties as a servant" he said as you looked at him with wide eyes.

"Excuse me? Why so sudden?" You said with furrowed eyebrows.

"We've been selfish for far too long, you always took care of the Vermillions to the point that no other servant is required. You've done your duties and so I'm relieving you from them" he explained further while you nodded.

"Is that so? Alright, thankyou captain" you addressed him with a bow and left. You went to your room at the Hq and locked the doors.

"How do I live my life now? Serving the Vermillions for years... I'm lost now" you whispered to yourself, shakily plopping down in bed.

"Why did he relieve me from my duties? Could it be something more? Perhaps he's grown tired of my assistance?" You thought aloud and buried your face on your pillow.

"Ah... It feels like I'm already growing further apart" you said and decided to focus on being a magic knight.

You realized that you've only proclaimed yourself as commander these days. No one really said that you were still a commander and no one seems to need your help.

"They've all grown strong..." You whispered.

"I'm irrelevant." You concluded.

For the past few days you've become pretty distant from almost everyone. You were hardly seen and it wasn't reassuring at all. You've still aced your missions but you've requested to always go solo so that you can't hinder anyone.

People say that you sometimes walk around the Hq but now it sounded more like a ghost story. You've become rare to see and even the masses noticed this.

Now it's already night and you've decided to walk around the Hq for no reason at all. "If you're going to be the ghost of Crimson Lions then you should do a better job at it"

You turned around to see your captain. "Ah, captain, what a pleasant surprise" you said and faced him completely. He signalled you to come with him and so you did.

This reminded you of the night where freed you from your work. It wasn't endearing and you hated it. You silently followed your captain until both of you were in the garden.

"You've grown distant, you can tell me what's bothering you" he sat down at the bench and you mirrored his actions. Your eyes wandered through the full moon and glued your eyes to it.

"I don't think that anything is bothering me, captain" you lied.

"If that's the case then look me in the eyes and say that again" he said as you came in contact with his gazing eyes. You've realized how long you've been avoiding those eyes.

"I- I don't think that there's anything bothering me" you looked away and cursed yourself as to why you did that.

"Clearly there is" he replied.

"No, I'm not really releva-" you stopped yourself and realized that you were about to say your horrible thoughts. He picked up the small slip up and looked at you thoroughly.

He looks as if he's mad and was about to scold you like he always does with Leo. You stood up, avoiding this situation and attempted to ran away from the raging Lion.

He caught you and held you in his arms so that you won't be able to escape. You've grown to realize that you were trembling as if a predator has caught his prey.

"You're not irrelevant, I've told you that countless of times. If you were, then how come I've fallen in love with you through the years? You're special and I'm sure that everyone in the squad thinks that aswell" he said as your heart thumped loudly.

"I... What..? Can you say that again..?" You asked, wanting to know if you've heard him right. He looked at you questioningly and replied, "You're special"

"No.. before that..?" You said. He sighed and hugged you held you tighter than before. He lowered himself so that his mouth was only a few inches apart from your ears.

"I love you" he said as if the world is on slow motion. Your heart raced and your eyes widened. You were sure that he can feel your heart from the closeness you both are in.

"After all the years..." You trailed off. You felt hot tears streaming down your face. He noticed your sobs and let you be so that you can release your pain to him.

"You're so brave for loving after loving broke you. I've seen your pain for the past years and I just let it unravel. I've realize how much I've grown to love you" he comforted as he smiled.

He began to cup your cheeks and inched in towards you. Your lips tingled when it came in contact with his. The kiss deepened when you slid your hand on the back of his head.

This was your first true kiss and it was something to remember. He parted and realized that you were still crying. He gently kissed the tears away and looked at you with loving eyes.

"I have so much of you in my heart"