CHAPTER 6 - Humanity is Disgusting

You've settled with the news paper writer as they got their illustration of you. You didn't waste a second and went back to your tranquil HQ.

Somehow you were getting stared at more than usual then you remembered, you were enhanced into your most 'ideal' look. You've entered the HQ and the same stares were felt throughout your being.

'I like my old look better. I don't get attention at all back then and that's always better' you thought and knocked your corresponding knock on your Captain's office doors.

You came in and bowed. Once Fuegoleon laid his eyes on you, he felt something moved inside him. This feeling was foreign, perhaps it was shock that you looked different?

You didn't like the slightest surprised looked you've been given so your body moved on its own. Your hands was rubbing your elbows while looking at the floor.

"I'm glad you've returned safely. I see that you've changed... drastically" he said and you moved forward, still looking at the ground.

"Why do you look so disconcerted?" He asked you sighed. You began to write on your notebook and showed it to him.

"It's because people are staring and I dislike it. It's always about appearance."

"Why are people like that? It doesn't make sense" Fuegoleon silently read in his head as he looked at your disgusted eyes.

"I think you viewed it in a different perspective" he opened up as you looked at him with a confused looked.

"Change is always good but I believe you didn't change at all, you've been set free. You were only appreciated because you were able to show your true beauty and true self" he continued.

"Think of yourself as a butterfly" he finished as you smiled inwardly with his optimism. He may have looked at you that way but you knew humanity, most of them aren't as good as Fuegoleon.

"I see, thankyou Fuegoleon" you wrote as he smiled. You looked at him with a 'what now' expression as he pointed out your notebook.

"You didn't include honorifics" he said as you grew a feint blush at your mistake. You blinked your eyes and bowed down almost immediately.

"No, no, it's alright. I prefer it that way as I've told you countless times before" he said and you bowed more into a 90 degree angle.

"If you're really uncomfortable with your look then you should change back to where you seemed fit" he said and you looked at him with a nod.

"But to be fair, I do love seeing you being pampered once in a while. You were always so selfless of your appearance" he said with a gentle smile.

You bowed down again as the door loudly opened that caused you to lose balance. You felt strong arms prevent you from falling and with a strong yet gentle grip, you were being pulled up.

You nodded in signal of a 'thankyou' . Both of you looked at the knight who suddenly barged in the office and he seems to be in distress.

"Captain Fuegoleon, Commander (Y/n)!" He saluted as you both nodded at his greeting.

"There has been bad news spreading with The Crimson Lion's name, perhaps you want to look into it in immediacy" he explained, holding out the news.

You took long strides to go get the paper and read the words yourself. The knight noticed your new appearance and was baffled but kept it at bay.

You clenched your wrist, crumpling the paper slightly. The news was all about the Crimson Lions, mainly, it's all about you and Captain Fuegoleon.

You gave the captain the newspaper and wrote down on your notebook. "Deepest apologies Captain. I have tainted your name" you showed him and he proceeded to look into the news paper.

——THE NEWEST COMMANDER?——

"The newest role taken upon by the Crimson Lions was give by a woman named (Y/n). Her status are unknown, most likely a peasant of the lows. Sources has spread that she's handicapped, not able to speak."

"Speculations have been said that she was not present at the Magic Knight's Exams and she was never seen in any battles"

"(Y/n) seemed to be closely affiliated with the newest Crimson Lion's Captain, Fuegoleon Vermillion. It's in theory that Fuegoleon Vermillion may have took pity on this woman or perhaps they might be holding an intimate relationship"

———————————————————

"Not only that, captain, but the news has spread like wildfire! A lot of unselected people who participated from the Magic Knights Exams had come forth to challenge Commander (Y/n)" the knight said with clear distress.

"Where are they?" You wrote down and Fuegoleon furrowed his eyebrows at your question.

"They're causing trouble at the same venue where the Magic Knight's Exams were held" he said and you nodded. That's right, humanity never changes.

They're all still a piece of shit.

"(Y/n), I hope you're not doing what I think you're doing. You'll greatly suffer from the consequences" Fuegoleon said, running after you.

You wrote down on your notebook and threw him the paper that said, "I've suffered greatly enough but you haven't. If I don't resolve this, it might damage your reputation" .

There you go again, thinking about other's first before yourself.

You arrived at the scene and mad mobs were glaring at you while Fuegoleon kept himself at bay. You stood up at the tall platform and projected magic in thin air with the aid of a magic item.

"If you wish to challange me then choose the 3 strongest people among you who'll be battling me. If I won, do not bother the Crimson Lions and if you do then You'll get what you want" you projected the text and most whispered.

"So she is mute..."

"Who will we pick?"

Mutters were heard until three people were left at the center of the stadium like venue. You went down and took out your sword, not using your magic but instead, you'll be using your mana.

They flaunted their 'huge' mana and they stared at you with malicious hungry eyes. "If we won then I want you gone. People like you don't deserve to be here in Clover" .

You scoffed.

'Those who are quick in judgement with no evidences are the weak in battle. This will be easy' you thought.

"Let the battle begin!"