CHAPTER 3 - What the Water Holds

You stood beside the now Captain of the Crimson Lions, you were saddened that Mereoleona-Sama wasn't here but you kept your composure.

"Congratulations Captain" you showed him the paper and he nodded with a proud small smile.

"Congratulations Commander" he replied as you nodded with the same reaction he gave you.

"It took me a while to convince the Wizard King that it was necessary for you to become commander" he scratched his cheeks and sighed in relief.

You put your hand on your mouth and chuckled silently. Fuegoleon then excused himself to make a speech to the squad members as you watched from the sides.

"Did you hear that? Our commander's mute. How is she going to lead us to victory?" You heard a man whisper.

"Maybe the Captain took pity on her. She seems fragile and weak aswell" the others chattered.

You clenched your fists and furrowed your eyebrows at their mumbles. Fuegoleon heard them all and looked at your figure. You held that same lifeless eyes he was trying to put shine on.

You're a great friend of his and he'll surely help you. The Captain coughed to gain the attention of the squad members as it took your attention aswell.

"Heroes and Knights aren't measured by their strengths and abilities but instead they are measured by their hearts. Do not judge and falter. Become a true heroic Knight and rise bravely like the true lions you are!" You smiled at his words.

He was always like that, wise and prudent. He was a perfect captain for the Crimson Lions. You may not access your magic but you can release a huge mana aura.

You calmed down your nerves and decided it's better if they took you for granted. Sometimes staying lowkey can help you in the future.

Fuegoleon walked towards you while you bowed to thank him. You held up your notebook to show him the words you wrote, "Perhaps you would want to go to the hot springs? Tomorrow and the days before that will surely be hectic"

He held his hands on his chin and thought. He closed his eyes and agreed, he really did fancy a hot bath on the springs.

"Perhaps a little leisure wouldn't hurt" he said as you bowed once more. You gestured your hands to the direction of a certain hot spring that he found a little while back.

You would always accompany your master everywhere and a hot spring is no exception. Ofcourse, you held no malice whatsoever. You're as pure as a dove but tainted as a stained glass.

You stopped at the scorching hot atmosphere, observing the place. Fuegoleon already activated his mana skin as you get into yours. Your control was impeccable so you found it odd that you can't access your power.

"Race you there?" You showed his your notebook as he huffed air out. "Are you challenging me?" He asked as you stuck your tongue out and wrote.

"Don't forgot that you always lose to me, Fuegoleon-sama" you showed him as he chuckled. He got on his stance and counted to three.

You felt adrenaline washing over you and it was a no-brainer that your greatest skill is agility and speed. You glided across the platform looking behind to see your captain struggling to keep up to your pace.

You ran and noticed that his presence disappeared. You stopped and went back in a worried state. 'Where is he?' you thought and noticed a certain Vermillion hair jumping upwards and dashing infront of you.

Your eyes widened at his little mischievous plan. You didn't expect that he would do something like that at all. You ran to his phase but once you've neared him, you're already at the hot springs.

"It seems like I won" he said, deactivating his mana skin. You pouted and wrote, "No fair, Fuegoleon-sama". He smiled at you and apologized.

"Sorry, that was a little uncalled for, isn't it?" He asked. You chose to ignore him and gave him the spare towels your brought.

You went to the crater like hot spring on the right while he was on the left side. You washed yourself and dipped your toes in the water. Later on, you fully soaked yourself and looked at the dark skies above.

'What if I was the one to disappear and not my clan...?' you thought, inching your face deeper in the water.

'What if I had been more considerate? Would they still be alive?'

'What if...' you closed your eyes and reminisced the memories you had.

Small, fragile, and as beautiful as a flower. You were the pride of the (L/n) clan since you were blessed with skills, beauty, and magic stronger than anyone within that clan.

But... You were pressured to live up to their expectations. It didn't help that you saw your father with another woman. That was the time when you snapped.

"You... But mom loved you..." You told your father and he signaled you to be quiet.

"I'm honing myself to be the perfect daughter... I forced myself to live up to this clan's expectations only to be shattered with your sinful deeds?" You told him and glared at the woman.

You hated how unfair the world is.

"Stop it young lady! You know nothing in this world. You're just a child" he defended himself, trying to stay clean.

"I know nothing? I know better than to betray family!" You shouted.

"You'll understand when your older and when you have loved a man-" he replied but you cut him off.

"THE MAN I WOULD LOVE COULD JUST DIE!" You shouted as a piece of paper appeared infront of you.

"I wish this clan could just... Disappear" you finished as the page glowed a red bright light. Soon enough, everyone from your clan's district started coughing blood and vanished into thin air.

You looked at your father with horrified eyes as he disappeared before you aswell. The page flew from your hands and looked at it with disgusted lifeless eyes.

"I- I didn't mean it-" you stuttered.

"I swear- I didn't mean any of it!" You convinced yourself, hoping this can be reversed but it never did.

It's just like what they say...

Be careful what you wish for.

Not only did you endangered your own bloodline and loved ones but you also endangered the life of your future lover. On that day, you swore to conceal your voice and power until you can truly say that you've learned your lesson.

On that day, you lost who you are.

On that day, you've become truly alone.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. Please bring everything back"