CHAPTER 19 - Soon is Today

Years have passed by and today is another day to hold the Magic Knights Exams. The moment you've entered the capital, the Captains felt shivers.

Fuegoleon turned around, feeling nostalgic. You walked towards the Colosseum looking venue, no one recognising you because of your new matured look with a cloak and a white sword at the back.

You've registered your grimoire and they were amazed to see a three leaf clover with a white cross on the cover. You felts your senses heighten at the appearance of two boys.

'They're... Odd...' you thought and inspected them from afar. "They produce such energy... They'll grow well" you whispered and smiled to yourself.

"The knights today seems promising" you continued to mutter under your breath, inspecting the mana that surrounds you.

You suddenly feel Captain Yami's mana and there he stood, bullying the boy with no mana. He laughed at the scene and you swore that he caught a glimpse of your figure.

The exams were starting soon and you kept yourself at low profile. You did the given tasks to you averagely and sweat dropped how each task was failed by the odd and small boy.

You wanted to help him out but cheating isn't tolerated here. Here comes the fun part of the exams, actual battle. Your clan's power was like a Goddess's, absolute command partnered by a Holy sword.

Now you see why your parents trained you very hard. It's because of this ultimate power you've been given. You've realized your mistakes and finally came to understand your power.

You were partnered up with a frail looking girl. She seemed scared so you didn't put a lot of force into battle. Not until she smirked and activated a magic item.

You were injured severely and she smiled. You knew that Magic items aren't allowed. She took advantage of her looks and your kindness but sins must be punished.

"Absolute command: heal" you whispered so you're the only who can hear it. Your body regenerated as if it was never injured. Your foe seemed terrified and your abilities.

"If you're not going to attack, I will" you said as you touch your sword and drew an invisible cross in mid air. You made a slashinag motion and in an instant, the lady didn't feel pain but she felt serene. So serene the she kneeled to the ground and blacked out.

Everyone was gawking at your power and how different it is. You waited for the announcement and the odd boy with green hair was called to step forward.

No one accepted him but Yami, he sure like to pick the odd ones. "Ja, I'll accept you if you managed to damage her cloak"   Yami said, pointing at you.

You stepped forward, wanting to give the small boy a fighting chance. You attacked him first and he slashed your attack. But it was different, your attack didn't dissolve.

He grew in shock as he charged at you with his rusty looking sword. You gripped your pure white one and put on a defensive stance.

You weren't expecting much of a battle since you're done with the test anyways. His reckless move surprised you, you've been too careless.

Your cloak was hit and it tore, revealing your face to the masses. You furrowed your eyebrows and finally used your power for restraints.

"stop" you said as he was now restricted to move. You simply walked towards him and pointed your sword at his neck.

The captains were surprised at your presence. You looked like her, you fought like her, it's as if you're the (Y/n) they know. You looked at the eyes of a particular captain.

He was certain it was you. Your eyes says it all. Charlotte looked at you with so much hope, she was relieved but they were also confused. The Wizard King himself found you, unresponsive.

"(Y/n)." Fuegoleon said as you smiled at him.

"Tadaima Kaerimashita" you shortly said as the captains were in utter shock.

"Okaeirinasai, Commander (Y/n)" Fuegoleon said as you nodded.

•••

"I need answers, (Y/n)" Fuegoleon said as you've returned to the Hq.

"Julius is quite a prankster, isn't he?" You joked around.

"That doesn't necessarily answer the question" he said as you shrugged playfully.

"I was given a mission to find this Holy Sword and that body you all believe who was me was created by my absolute command magic" you explained as you remembered the past events.

"How's the married life?" You asked as he responded, "I didn't get married. Lady Alice's family was shortly found that they were doing illegal trades" he explained as you nodded.

"Well that's a shame, isn't it?" You said.

"How's Leopold over the years?" You changed the topic.

"He grew up fine but reckless. I know that deep down he regretted the day he slept through your supposedly death" he replied as you nodded.

"It seems like I've caused such mess" you laughed as he only looked at you, still sinking in that you're alive.

You took out your notebook to see the agenda you were about to do for today. Fuegoleon noticed this and spoke, "You still have that notebook?" .

"Of course, it's what kept me sane" you said while flipping through the pages. You entered Fuegoleon's office and saw no paperwork.

"You've changed in terms of paperwork" you pointed out, remembering that he always skips a stack.

"Years of experience had gave me a lesson" he replied naturally.

"Has Mereoleona appeared?" You asked

"When your death occurred, she returned and left soon after the household became stable once more" he said as you nodded.

"Ah, I've missed a lot" you said aloud.

"I've missed you a lot" he said as you widened your eyes. You still hold affections towards the man but you decided to keep it at bay.

You still had Hanahaki disease but it was now minimal since you've used your absolute command over it.

"Before I always told myself 'soon' but I came to realize that soon is today" he said and you looked at him questioningly.

"Soon? What are you talking about?" You asked.

"That I—" he got cut off when the small Vermillion opened the door and tackled you in a hug.

"You're alive!" Leopold exclaimed, almost at the brink of tears. You chuckled at his actions and patted him in the head.

Fuegoleon looked at the interactions between you two and gently smiled. You excused yourself and Leopold looked at his anyue.

"Anyue... I still want her as my sister if not, I'll steal her attention" he said with a thumbs up. Fuegoleon suddenly held a glare at his younger brother.

"What is that suppose to mean?" He asked with crossed arms.

"That means (Y/n) will love me more" Leopold taunted the man so that he'll be forced to make a move.

"Who will love who more?" You came back and Leopold grinned.

Your return is something awaited. You're older and wiser and this time, you'll revive your clan.