CHAPTER 10 - A Stormy Night

Weeks have passed and you've noticed becoming stronger. Sadly, you weren't able to access your voice after you said those words from before.

You were preparing for your mission with Fuegoleon. You didn't know what type of mission this is but it has something to do with forest golems that would potentially harm villages.

"Fuegoleon-sama, shall we go?" You tapped the man and showed him your writings. He nodded and led the way as you followed suit.

"I have a bad feeling about this" he said as you nodded, feeling the same intuition. You prepared your healing magic item just incase and brought spare cloaks.

You travelled to the far off place and passed by the villages that nay possibly get terrorised by the forest golems. You tugged on Fuegoleon's robe, signalling that you saw a forest golem.

They weren't hard to miss since they're practically giants. You somehow feel a little lightheaded but you disregarded it for now. Fuegoleon counted the golems and there were only two of them.

The fiery Captain let you take charge of the broom as he shoots strong fire against the golems. It took no effect on them as you inspected their every movements while circling around them.

'Fire seems to take no affect on their stone statures but realized that it always has one hand covering it's chest. It seems like Fuegoleon took notice of this and signalled you to go closer.

You did what he told but something was wrong, the giant golem didn't reacted the way it should have. You retreated and Fuegoleon looked at you with confusion.

You circled around the golem again and one thing that made it worked up is when you you got near it's free hand. You  went closer to it's free hand and saw a small stone.

You tugged Fuegoleon and signalled the gem. The hand that was covering it's chest was just a false distraction. The other golem noticed the golem you were inspecting getting stressed.

It attacked you as you took out a dagger. You felt light headed again and your balanced failed. The golem took it's chance to grab you as you stood up and kicked the broom in mid air.

The golem got you, crushing you in it's hands. Fuegoleon was alarmed and shouted your name until the golem suddenly stopped and opened it's arms.

You had successfully broken the crystal.

Fuegoleon didn't waste a moment and went to your aid. You were breathing heavily, feeling numb from the golems attempt to crush you in it's hands.

"I'll handle the second one. Stay here" Fuegoleon told you, placing you down on the branch of a big tree. You nodded at him, signalling a goodluck.

You closed one of your eyes so you can relax a little bit while keeping watch on the other. You feel cold yet you were sweating so much.

'I'm sick, aren't I?' you thought, clenching your fist in disappointment. Out of all the times you can get sick, why now? You wanted to impress your captain since it's your first mission with him in years.

You heard the golem tumbling, signalling that Fuegoleon won the fight. You sighed in relief, this mission is now done. You noticed the sky becoming orange. The sun is setting down and you felt nothing but tired.

You now felt hot and removed your robe and some of the layers of your clothes. You suddenly felt something move, the ground was shaking.

You immediately responded and got off the tree as a bigger golem sprouted. Fuegoleon noticed this and came to find you quickly. He saw you running away from the golem as he hastily took you.

"Are you harmed— Huh?" He realized that your face was extremely red and you were sweating profusely. He quickly checked your temperature with his hand and concluded that you were sick.

He held you closer to his chest, his hand on the back of your head for support.he inspected the golem and you also tried to.

Fuegoleon was lucky enough that the golem exposed it's hand. He immediately destroyed the gems but it still wasn't disabled. You noticed the golem's stone face was covered in it's lip area.

You shook Fuegoleon, signalling him that you found it. He can't seem to understand what you were saying but you can't point it out since your hand strength was failing you.

You did one thing you can do for now. You faced Fuegoleon and inched your lips closer with his. It was a quick peck but it was enough to surprise him.

He then realized that you wouldn't do it so randomly and looked at the golem. He nodded in understanding as you buried your head on his chest.

He quickly gathered his strength and attacked the mouth part of the golem. It was enough to shatter the gem and it fell. Suddenly the rain came pouring down like it hasn't rained for years.

Fuegoleon immediately found a cave and settled there for now. The village was moderately far away and you were already sick so he can't risk you getting soaked.

He noticed your outfit has been reduced and your white top was almost see through. He looked away and placed you down on the ground. He started a fire to keep you both warm.

He sighed and took off his robe, he noticed that your bag that contains your belongings was also gone. He placed his robe on your body and checked your temperature again.

"A-apologies Fuegoleon..." You weakly muttered with your sweet but now hoarse voice. He looked at your sorry and tired eyes.

"It's not your fault nor is it mine" he said and sat down parallel to you. He noticed you constantly shifting your trembling body, feeling sorry for your state.

He stood up and sat down next to you, placing your upper body on his. You were surprised yet thankful for his gesture.

"F-feug—" he silenced you. He didn't want you to waste more energy that you should have.

"You shouldn't worry about this. Just rest (Y/n)" he said as he embraced you to keep you warmer. Holding you in his arms isn't half bad at all.

He heard light snoring. He failed to keep his smile at bay, something about you just makes his day better and he didn't know why.

•••

You woke up on your bed, looking around the place. You noticed a letter on your bedside table and opened it weakly.

"To (Y/n),

I am relieving you on your duties so please stay in bed and rest. Come and see me once you've recovered. The mission was a success, thankyou for your assistance.

Fuegoleon Vermillion"

You laid back in bed and drifited off to sleep. You can't deny it now, you've started to fall inlove with Fuegoleon and now you can't go back.