CHAPTER 9 - First Time Meeting

"you've been invited to come to the Captains meeting today" Fuegoleon told you as your heart raced. Meeting with the captains makes you feel anxious.

What if they didn't accept you?

What if they make fun of you?

What if you make a mistake?

"Of course, Fuegoleon-sama" you wrote as you felt your hand being held by your captain. "You're shaking" he said as you pulled your hand away with a small blush.

"I'm fine, captain" you showed him and he nodded.

"If you don't want to attend then I'll tell them that something urgent came up" he offered and you violently shook your head. If you refuse then you'll leave a bad impression to captains

"I'm fine, really! It's just I might get irrelevant" you showed him.

"You're my commander, you've done so much for our squad, and I would never want to hear you say you're irrelevant again" he said as you held your breath.

You clenched your fists and bowed down.

•••

T

he meeting has already started and you're late because of an urgent matter with regards to the Wizard King. He wanted to talk to you but you took that off your mind.

"The Wizard King is finally here" a captain said as both you and Julius Novachrono entered the room.

"Is she the commander of the Crimson Lions?" A beautiful lady had asked as you bowed respectfully.

"Please, you can take my seat" Fuegoleon offered once he realized that there's no seats left. You shook your head as disapproval and stood by him.

"Apologies if I'm late, I had a little chat with commander (Y/n)" The Wizard King said with a small smile plastered on his face.

"Let's proceed with the actual meeting shall we?" The Wizard King asked and the captains nodded.

"Remember years before that the (L/n) clan had vanished?" Julius Novachrono started off. Your heart fastened it's pace and Fuegoleon took notice of this, glancing at your figure beside him.

"If I remember correctly, the (L/n) clan were one of the greatest ally of the Clover Kingdom" a masked man said as the others nodded.

"They were also an ally to the heart kingdom" the silver braided haired man added.

"But why bring up the (L/n) clan again?" Yami asked, contributing to the conversation.

"It's because it's time to revive that clan or atleast, manifest their power to it's full extent" Julius Novachrono said as the other were in shock or just furrowing their eyebrows.

"How can that be? There were no survivors?" The same beautiful captain asked and that's where Julius Novachrono smiled.

"You've been awfully quiet, Fuegoleon. Mind if you share your knowledge?" Julius asked, fully knowing well that there is a survivor.

"There is infact a survivor" the Vermillion haired man started as the others got intrigued.

"How are you so certain?" Jack asked with excitement, the (L/n) clan are strong and he wants to engaged in battle with one of them.

"Because the survivor of the (L/n) clan is my commander" he stated and all eyes were on you.

"That's correct and I've been looking after significant events in commander (Y/n)'s life" Julius pointed out.

"She possesses the strength and intelligence of the (L/n) clan. If I'm not mistaken even her power is stronger than mine once it develops" he continued .

"Youre magic is Absolute Command, isn't it? Only the heir to the (L/n) clan were able to access this"

"She is also the reason why majority of the Crimson Lion's missions were done outstandingly with almost to zero casualties" the Wizard king finished.

"Ohhh? That's scary" Yami commented.

"If she's so relevant to the unsolved case then why was she kept a secret?" The purple orca's captain asked as Rill just looked at you with a childish gaze.

"It's because she was the one who caused her clan to vanish" The Wizard King said. You couldn't take it anymore, your tears were welling up at the mention of your clan.

You bowed and hastily left the meeting as Fuegoleon stood up from your actions. Fuegoleon held a slightly angered expression but keot his calm voice at bay.

"I'd appreciate it if all of you were more sensitive towards your words. Please excuse me" he said and hastily walked to find you.

"It's alright Fuegoleon. She hasn't used her power, correct? Pushing her out of her comfort zone will make her realize some things she hasn't realized sooner" Julius said with no harmful intentions.

"But pushing out of her comfort zone also means that she's become vulnerable. She might end up worse and I'm not willing to take that chance. She's my commander at the least" Fuegoleon said and walked out of the room.

"Fuegoleon hasn't realized it himself, hasn't he?" Julius smiled.

"Realized what? I'm sorry I got lost!" Rill asked, really curious as to what the Wizard King was pointing out.

"That he's developing a strong bond with his commander. He might just be the key to waking up her locked up power" Julius explained to the young captain.

"Eh?" Rill asked, still confused.

"Ehhhh??? That does mean that captain Fuegoleon's falling inlove with commander (Y/n)??????" He asked as Julius nodded with a smile.

Fuegoleon inched towards you and held your chin up to look at him. You're tears eyes came in contact with his sharp and strong one's.

"Haven't I told you before that you shouldn't waste a tear?" He asked, wiping them away with his thumb.

"I'm sorry captain. I have acted in such an indisciplined way" you wrote down as he sighed. He sat beside you, looking at the sky.

"You don't have to force yourself to realize something. It comes naturally and when it does, it's inevitable" he told you as you widened your eyes, remembering what Julius Novachrono asked you before the meeting officially started.

"Have you fallen inlove with Fuegoleon Vermillion? I've been seeing your interactions with each other and I must say, they were very out of the ordinary" is what Julius asked

'Perhaps I might be falling inlove but I can't can I?'

'Did my power activated when I said those words? They didn't... did they?' you questioned in your head.

You looked at Fuegoleon beside you who's still looking at the sky. You looked at your hand that was trembling and held it in place with your other hand.

You look at Fuegoleon's and you suddenly had the urge to touch them. You took a deep breath and gently placed your hands on top of his. He looked at you with mild surprise and gave him a closed eyed smile.

"Arigatou, Fuegoleon" your sweet voice rung on his ears as the gentle wind suddenly grazed the scene. Fuegoleon's eyes were widened at the sound of your voice saying his name aloud.

"Arigatou.." you repeated and slightly bowed down in respect, showing him that you're true to your words.

"I did say that I'd save you, didn't I? There's no need to thank me" he said. Fuegoleon saw more to you than there actually was and because of that, you were able to bloom.

One day someone will love you the way you deserved to be loved and you won't have to fight for it like how you did in the past.

𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝑺𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒔 {Fuegoleon x Reader}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें