~Chapter 39~

*Narrators Point of View*

"Be safe". Jordyn practically instructed Rosita to do, hugging her goodbye before she, Daryl, and Denise went on a run. Usually, she wouldn't care too much about this, knowing that Daryl and Rosita are by far some of the group's best fighters. But, she can't help but worry about what might happen now that they are kind of in a 'war' with Negan. 

She turned around and faced Daryl as they nodded to each other. She saw Rosita, Denise, and Daryl all hop into the truck as she opened the gate for them and saw them drive along their way. 

Jordyn huffed and walked to Carl and Enid's attic. They found an old attic above an abandoned house. That's where they hang out and read, and probably, according to Jordyn's wild thoughts, make out.

 Jordyn knocked on that door, but as soon as she heard voices raising, she left without hesitation. She knew that they were still growing up and finding themselves, and a zombie apocalypse makes things harder. She didn't want to be in the middle of their friendship, and she knew that they were old enough and mature enough to figure out their own problems. 

She walked back into town and helped around. She cleaned the roads, fixed her motorcycle, clean up the grease of the guns, and even went on watch. Deep down, she was waiting for Daryl to come home, but for what. Why did she want Daryl to come home so fast even though they aren't together? Even though they don't talk or even barely look at each other anymore. 

 After a few hours, she heard a car rumble outside. Rick called out for Abraham to open the gates. Out came not the truck, but only the motorcycle with Daryl and Rosita. Both of their faces showed us that they were sad and angry.

When they hopped off, Daryl came to her and shook his head. She looked at him confusingly and then nodded. Denise was dead.

"How"? Was the only question she asked. Daryl looked around left, right, up, and then at his feet.

"Dwight and Negans men were there". He said as angry expressions grew on our faces. It wasn't fair that she had to die if she wasn't even in the fight. She was the doctor here and she was the one who helped everyone here, but we couldn't help her. 

"I'm going to go and get the body". Jordyn said to Daryl.

"We are coming". Rosita said, earning a nod from Daryl. They all hopped into another truck, big enough to hold a body, and drove out to where they were. Jordyn was the first to get out of the car. She put a white sheet over her head, covering her body. It was the least she could do, considering she was dead. They were tears in Daryl's eyes, but because of his long bangs, you couldn't really tell.

She heard the sniffles of both teammates she was with. They carry her body into the car and drove off to Alexandria, to bury another fallen angel.

_________FEW HOURS LATER________

After a few hours, Daryl was still hanging out by Denise's grave. Jordyn thought that he might feel guilty for something but just like her, they grieve better in silence than in talking. 

Suddenly, Daryl's face grew angry and red. He leaped up from his position, pushed past Jordyn, and headed for his bike. Glenn, Rosita, Jordyn, and Michone. 

"Daryl! What the hell are you doing"? Jordyn asked, not surprised. She looked towards him as he continued prepping his bike.

"I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch". He said calmly. Glenn refused to take this as an answer.