𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 10

The past few days were extremely hectic. After Gabbie's burial, Hershel ran off, with Rick and Glenn chasing behind them. I so badly wanted to tag along with them, but Daryl made me sit down and watch the sunset as I tried to cope and accept what happened to Gabbie. Truth is, I don't think I can ever bounce back from a loss like hers. She was my everything, not even trying to be weird or corny but she was. Every laugh I had was at the expense of her. She told every joke, she made every move, and everything she did made me into who I was, the good and the bad. Her kindness made up for my bluntness. Her black hair made up for my dull brown hair. Gabbie was my everything, and spending an evening watching the sunset wouldn't and simply couldn't wound me from what happened to her. 

After Rick and Glenn came back, they brought along a friend, Randall. Randall was badly injured from his group leaving him alone, the same group attacking Glenn, Hershel, and Rick. I patched him up along with Hershel's help. There was a huge argument about what should happen with Randdall, weather to kill him or keep him. Truly, I didn't care. 

Kill him or save him? I couldn't give less of a shit. 

--------------------

I stepped out from my tent, after safely fastening my knife into my death. I loved my knife but I honestly hated wrapping it all up, and the large gushes of wind interrupting my job truly made it harder. I was walking, slowly, back the rest of the camp. I let the songs of the birds deafen me as the ground below me tattooed its roots into the weak soles of my shoes. 

The bird's songs didn't stay for long as an ear-pitched scream began echoing through the woods and the tents. I scanned my eyes around the land and figured the danger must be at the house. I ran as fast as my feet could take me as I bumped into Shane, looking at him up and down as he looked shocked. It was only until I looked where he was that I understood his fear.

Beth was standing on the deck of the house with a piece of glass to her wrist, as shouting emerged from her mouth and Maggie's mouth filled with screams. I was completely startled. I searched around the group as all of them stood still, Rick emerging from the rest, hand in front of him attempting to control and shush Beth's antics. 

I began walking up to him put his hand down and walked up towards Beth. She looked at me and stopped crying. 

I solemnly looked at her and tried grabbing her wrist, which she flung away from me. 

"Beth, what are you doing". I whispered trying to listen to her. She looked at me desperate. 

I did the only thing I could think of. It was stupid-yes-, but it did work! 

I pointed to something behind her as she looked back frightened. Then, I kicked her chin in gently, taking the glass out of her hand, kicking it off the deck ledge, and catching Beth in my arms. 

"Better". I said confidently. Then, I dusted my hands and walked off to the barn house as I heard angry footsteps tracing mine. 

"What the hell was that"! a voice arose from behind my shoulder. I knew exactly it was and continued to focus on what was in front of me. 

Suddenly, I was turned around as his gruff hands snatched my shirt, nearly ripping it. 

"What do you mean Daryl? I saved that girl!" 

"Risking your life like that? She could've killed ya"! 

"She wouldn't have". I softened my voice

Suddenly, the entirety of the group was staring and watching Daryl's dramatic outburst, causing a scene in the very little area we could call home. 

"Daryl"- I looked at him, his breath melting my face from how close we were, "let's do this later," I said, taking another look around as he copied me. 

"And alone". I finalized, Daryl matching my energy. He looked at me and nodded. 

"But we ain't done"! He exclaimed as he ran off, pointing his finger at me. 

that man is so sassy

After washing the horses, helping Carol with the laundry, and doing weird math with Lori and Carl, which she begged me to do, I sat on the tree stump tens of feet away from Herhels home. All the Greenes heavily thanked me, and honestly, I'm just happy that Beth is okay. I truly don't blame her for wanting to kill herself, especially with everything that has happened. It was heartbreaking to watch the family beg for their little girl not to kill herself. Thoughts drifted me away so far that I didn't recognize the voice and figure in front of me. 

"Jordyn!" I heard my name getting called seriously. I looked up and was met with those ice-blue eyes again. I nodded at him and followed him a small way into the woods. 

we stood across from each other, eye to eye, nose to nose, shoulder to shoulder, and yet my sick self thought it still wasn't close enough. He then started pacing around me, huffing and gruffing, trying to find a way to say what he wanted. 

"Go ahead, yell at me". I stated. He then stopped pacing and looked at me harshly. 

"Yell at you? You nearly got yourself killed you fucking idiot". He screamed, his entire face turning red.

He paused for a moment, attempting to collect his thoughts.

"I needed to stop her Daryl. She was going to kill herself" I stated calmly, more yelling wasn't going to help the situation.  

"She scratched Maggie. Nearly slit Rick's throat before you came"! He shouted back at me, his face so close to mine his breath absorbed in my pores. 

"Daryl I didn't die! Everything's fine!" I screamed back to him. 

"You're a dumb bitch thinking you saved her good. Almost got yourself killed" The more he yelled, the angrier he got. His anger began to scare me slowly, his gruff voice becoming almost deafening as he screamed at me over and over again, cursing me and cursing me. I tried to put my hand on his shoulder to calm him down, yet that didn't seem to work. After his voice began calming down slowly, he stared at the ground beneath us, something he did when he felt guilty. 

"Why are you so overwhelmed by this". My voice whispered.

"You could've died Jordyn". He shouted back at me. 

"Daryl- calm the fuck down. She didn't kill me, nor try to. She was trying to kill herself and I stopped her-". Words stopped running from my mouth and I felt the pressure of something ram into my mouth. It felt warm and soft, and, in all honesty, nice. 

I opened my eyes once the pressure went away, and looked at Daryl as he looked down, almost in shame. He started moving away slowly and mumbling something, staring back at the floor and all could do was stare back at the man I have been needing since I came to his godforsaken group. My eyes remained focused on his face but could see the tensing of his arms, the way his muscles clenched and defined when he was angry. I noticed how his very small eyes became smaller and smaller the angrier he got. I noticed how aggressive this man was, yet when he kissed me, it was the most gentle touch I ever felt. 

I couldn't take anymore. 

I moved up closer to him, standing on my toes to reach his lips from his tall frame. I pulled on his hair, and got him closer to my face, hoping he would kiss me the same way he just has. The force of his lips paraded my own, as we became lost in the moment. His hands, his big hands, grabbed and glued to my waist, and mine stayed on his hair, his short brown hair.  Suddenly, the screams of the group interrupted our moment as we turned our backs, completely ignoring what we had just done, and saw the farm on fire. 

We ran. 

We ran so far. 

Until we got to the motorcycle

it saved us

but still, we ran.