𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 16

Me and Lori got out together, along with Carl. We started running through the catacombs of the prison and I felt Lori groan against my shoulder. Carl is in front of us, his tiny gun attempting to protect us from the dead. I have no idea what happened to Daryl if he's even alive. Or Glenn. Rick. Maggie? 

All I know is that I need to protect the two people I am with right now. 

I pulled Lori's knife out of her holster since I lent mine to Beth since she didn't have one. And Carl pulled out his gun with a silencer thankfully. I was holding onto Lori's back, as we became surrounded by walkers. All of a sudden, she latched off and held herself to a door. 

"The baby! The baby is coming"! She exclaimed. My eyes grew big. This cannot be happening to me right now.

"Ok. We have to get you to Hershel". I instructed. 

"No! No, I am not going to make it"! She huffed, letting out a huge groan. I looked to her and Carl, knowing that I might have to deliver her kid with my bare hands. 

And the worst part is, I don't have any clue of what to do.

I pushed my worry away as Carl began killing a few walkers, and I led them down a hallway, Lori wailing in pain. I found a door that leads to a security office. Perfect! Sarcasm.

 I instructed Carl to shove the door closed. I looked over to Lori who gripped a wall. I was scared. 

For her.

For Carl.

For the baby.

For me?

"I-I need to push". She said, as I kind of got the memo. I stripped down her pants, as Carl stood there. He just stood there awkwardly as his mom was about to have a kid right there.

"Ok. Ok. Wanna hold my hand or something"? I asked her. She gripped my hand, and she also grabbed a handlebar hanging from the wall.

She gripped my hand so hard I thought that it would fall off. She let out a cry, as I noticed something wrong.

Something very wrong.

I knew it was.

I looked down at her and noticed blood dripping down her legs, covering my hands.

"LORI STOP"! I shouted as I showed her my bloody hands. She turned to me, as tears engulfed in her and Carl's eyes.

"Ok. You're going to need to cut me open"! She said as she lay on her back. I began breathing heavily. I- I can't cut open one of the closest people in this group. 

"I-I can't Lori"! I exclaimed to her, as she gripped my hand. "You have to. This-this baby needs to live. For Rick, for Carl, for you". She said as I grabbed the knife that she handed me. I was going to kill someone with their weapon.

I couldn't stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks. Her face was pale and sweaty. I wasn't ready for this, but it's what she wants. And I have to do this.

"I-I don't have any anesthetic or anything. We need to bring you back to Hershel". I demanded as she shook her head.

"Jordyn, we both know I won't make it to them". Lori said as sweat and tears rolled down her face. 

I nodded because it was the only thing that I could do. 

"Carl come over here"! I demanded as he came closer, covered in tears. As I pulled out the knife, I looked at her and nodded. I felt a grip on my hand.

"Carl, baby I don't want you to be scared okay? This is what I want. This is right. Now, you take care of your daddy for me okay? And your little brother or sister, you take care of them."