𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 17

*Jordyn's Point of View*

I kept running until I saw a small shadow in the corner of my eye. The shadows of the trees couldn't mask the bright blue of the Grimes's eyes. 

"Carl"? I kept looking around, moving bushes and rustling branches, not caring if walkers heard me. or worse, people. 

"Leave me alone". I heard as a response. Suddenly, I looked up and I noticed him sitting in a tree.

 I decided to stay on the ground. 

I took a deep breath in ." Listen, I'm sorry. You don't have to talk to me ever again, or do anything with me ever again, but you have to come out of that tree, and come home". I said, hands over my chest as he peered down below me. 

"Home? I can't call that place home! My mom died in a place that we call home"! He shouted at me, a few tears spilling from his vibrant blue eyes. 

I shook my head. I didn't know what to say, so I just sat down against the tree. I felt his eyes on me and his mouth began spitting words.

"What are you doing"? He asked me. I looked over to him. 

"If you're not going, I'm not". I said simply. A few minutes passed by of I looked at the woods in front of me. I thought about Lori's face looking back at mine. I thought of losing her, watching her eyes as the light of life left them. My brown long hair and her natural beauty. 

She made mistakes, she wasn't perfect. But she was human. She was one of the last people who you could still call human. 

And now she was rotten. Chopped up limbs with a bullet swirling in her head. 

Before I knew it, I saw two small feet and a sheriff hat before my eyes. "I'm sorry for yelling at you, and-" Before he could continue, he just busted out in tears.

I ruffled his hair, as he was hugging me. "Apologies aren't for fixing the past, they are for deciding the future". I said as he looked up. He flashed me with a smile and bright eyes and continued letting out his emotions. 

I embraced him for what felt like hours, months, and years when it had only just been a couple of minutes. No one could understand the love I have for this little boy. His adorable little personality and his persona were so interesting and true. 

"I love you, Jordyn". He said sniffling. I softened my expression. 

I looked at him as he looked back at me. I saw a shimmery light radiating back into my eyes. 

"I love you too Carl, now let's get back". I said, holding my hand out for him to grab. 

He grabbed it, as we made our way back to The Prison. 

Glenn opened the gates back for us. I looked down at Carl and motioned him to run up to the rest of the group, hoping to get a moment alone with Glenn. 

His hand landed on my shoulder and he pulled me close. I smelled his aroma and placed my hands and arms around him as I softly soaked his shirt up. We pulled away for a moment. 

"Are you okay"? He asked me even though he knew the answer. 

"I'm good Glenn". I answered back to him, a soft smile on my face. 

"I'm here for you". Glenn assured me. 

I smiled at him and we made our way back to the Prison's area. 

I noticed as we walked in a few people were missing. 

more than what we already lost

"Where's Rick? And Daryl"? I asked Hershel, who was with Beth and the baby. 

Hershel's voice arose. " Daryl went out on a run with Maggie, and Rick, he just, disappeared for a while". He said looking down. 

I just nodded my head. "Want to see your little sister"? Beth asked freely as Carl walked up to them. 

"Got any names in mind"? Beth asked as Carl held his new sister. Carl turned his head to me and nodded his head. 

"Her name is Gabbie". Carl stated confidently as the remaining group members nodded their heads and smiled.