Chapter 28 - The Big City Again

Me and Matty arrived in London, unsure of where to go.

"your mum's then?" I said, as we walked out into the streets of London.

"I guess so" Matty replied.

We headed off to Matty's mums' house. The air was cold and a little bit of frost lay on top of the cars.

We got to the house, Matty didn't know what to say as he knocked.

"hi how can I he-" Denise opened the door. Her expression changed from smiling to shocked.

"hi mum" Matty said, slightly smiling.

"Matty! Sophie! Why are you here so soon, I thought you weren't coming back for ages? Come on in!"

we smiled and walked into the house out of the cold. Denise saw our suitcases.

"wait, are you staying here? What's wrong, you came without telling me and you're staying" she asked, sitting down.

"well, see, some stuff happened at home..."

Once me and Matty had filled her in on what was happening, she was a bit worried.

"but you're not in trouble? Right?" she asked.

"no, just George... hopefully"

"ok, good. I would hate to see my own son and his girlfriend put in jail"

"it wouldn't be as bad as that, I don't think" Matty said.

"well, I hope not, since poor George is in that situation. He was always such a nice lad"

"yeah" I agreed.

We sat talking for a while. Louis came back from his friends' and was glad to see his brother back too.

"you cant stay here forever though, you'll have to go back" Louis said, giving us our drinks.

"yeah about that..." I trailed off, so Matty could finish.

"we're selling our old apartment" Matty said.

"so now you're possibly in trouble with the police, and homeless" Denise shook her head.

"we're not in trouble with the police, and we're not homeless. Because we're here" Matty said.

"yeah but just like Louis said, you cant stay here forever"

"well, see we're going to buy an apartment down here in London" I said.

"oh ok, all sorted then. Sophie does your mum know?" Denise asked.

"yeah, I think so. I hope George told her earlier"

We all had our drinks, and watched some television.

"me and Sophie are going to head to bed now" Matty said, getting up.

"I'm so tired" I said, attempting to get up.

"here" Matty scooped me up, and carried me bridal-style up the stairs into his room. Where he lay me down on the bed.

I tried to wriggle from under him, but it was no use. The next thing I know we are both in our underwear on his bed.

"Matty... we cant do this tonight" I said between breaths.

"why"

"cos your mum is downstairs"

"hm you're right" he got off me, and lay down beside me instead.

"at least we'll be able to get a good nights sleep tonight"