Chapter 1 - Party

"no, please don't make me go mum" I shouted down the stairs.

"you're coming, no ifs, no buts" she shouted back.

"but.."

"no, come on it'll be fun" she cracked a smile.

I moped down the stairs, and slipped my shoes on. The last thing I wanted to do on this wintery Friday night was go to a party. Especially when its for someone I don't even know.

The ride there was boring, and my mum has a terrible taste in music.

We stepped out into the cold air, I could see my breath so it was at least below freezing point.

"stay with me and you'll be fine" my mum said to me, as we walked into the old wooden building.

"no I think I'll go to the bar.. and with any luck I'll make conversation with someone" I said, and I disappeared into the crowd.

Just a lemonade please" I said to the bartender.

"that'll be £1.85"

before I could reach my purse, a hand slammed some cash down In front of me.

I turned to my left and looked up, to see a boy standing and smiling at me.

"I'll pay" he smiled.

He had black curly hair, black ripped skinny jeans and a no-sleeved top that read 'DRUGS' with a red line through it.

"thank you" I smiled back.

"no problem, can I sit?" he gestured towards the empty bar stool next to me.

I nodded and he sat down.

"so what's your name?" he asked.

"Sophie, and yours?"

"Matty" he said, taking a gulp of his red wine.

I smiled and he smiled back.

"so... I'm guessing the lady you walked in with is your mum?" he asked.

I nodded "how are you here?"

"Catherine is my cousin"

Catherine is my mums friend, also the person who's party it is.

"cool, I didn't want to come really but its ok now I guess..." I trailed off.

"why is it ok now?" I smirked.

"well... because I have someone to talk to" I smiled.

We ended up sitting chatting for a long time, I even found out that Matty is in a band called 'The 1975'.

Then something caught Matty's attention.

"oh last dance of the night! And it's a couples dance!" he smiled.

"but we're not a co-" before I could finish, his hand was in mine, and was taking me to the dance floor.

When we got there, he stopped and turned around.

"lets have some fun" he laughed.

He put his hands around my waist, sending sparks through my body. So I draped my hands around his neck, he looked me in the eyes. He had beautiful eyes, I sort of just lost myself in the moment.

As we danced along to the beat of Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran, my eyes were still fixed onto Matty's.

The song had just finished. Matty pulled me closer, closing the gap between us. He looked at me again and his face was getting closer. Before I knew it, his soft lips were on mine. We stood there for a while just kissing, until we broke apart.

"I think I love you" he whispered into my ear.

"I think I do too" I whispered back.

By now I think majority of the people had left, including my mum. I pulled out my phone to check for texts. One unread, from mum.

'I left not long ago, I saw you up dancing with a boy and I thought to just leave you to it x'

I quickly replied and slipped my phone away.

"so your mum left" Matty said.

"yeah, but I'll just get a taxi"

"no no my dad will give you a lift" he ran away to join a man at the bar, who was obviously his dad, and then ran back.

"come on lets go then" he grabbed my hand again.

It's so soon, but I just think that I might love this boy.