Chapter 20 - Emergency

"what?... what is it George" I mumbled down the phone.

It was 6 in the morning, and I had just been woken my phone ringing, and it was George.

"Matty, he's in hospital" His voice sounded croaky from the other end of the receiver.

"what?! What happened?!" I jumped out of bed and ran to the kitchen.

"they think it's the coke, but the nurses can't be sure yet"

"why are you ringing me then?" I asked, shoving an energy bar into my mouth.

"because the nurse asked for a family member, but none live up here. So he said to ring you" George said, I could hear voices in the background.

"ok, I'll be there soon" a tear fell down my cheek.

I grabbed my clothes and shoved them on, I didn't bother getting washed there is things more important right now.

I jumped into my car, and drove as fast as I could. There's only one hospital he could be in, so I headed there.

I walked in and a blonde lady sat at the reception desk.

"I'm here to see Matthew Healy" I never use his full name, but of course he would be in here as that.

"sure darling, down the hall and on the right" she smiled.

I ran down the hall, bag slipping off my shoulder. I knocked then pushed open the door. First my eyes went on George who was sitting on a chair, he looked really worried about his best friend.

As I pushed the door open more, I saw Matty. He was lying on the bed, wires attached to his arm. His eyes were closed and I think we was sleeping. But I could see his body lying there. He looked pale, almost dead. The sheets were covering him up, but his tattoo was visible over the top.

"hello I'm here" whispered, not wanting to wake him.

George looked up "thank god you're here, stay with him please. I need to go and tell the other guys" he hugged me, and then left.

"hello Matty" I whispered, sitting beside him.

"I know you are asleep, but I just want to take this chance to say I'm sorry. I over reacted, it was just a joke, I shouldn't have gone crazy like I did. These 2 days alone haven't been the same, I still like you Matty. In fact I love you. Yesterday I wore your shirt, and I cried. You need me too, so that you can get over the drugs. Please forgive me" I reached out and placed my hand on his. His hand was stone cold.

"I know you didn't hear that but-" I was topped by him opening his eyes.

"I did hear it" he struggled.

"really"

"every word of it" he pushed back the covers and sat up.

"so do you forgive me?" I asked, sitting on the edge of his bed.

He didn't reply, he just kissed me. His lips were all cracked, and the taste of red wine was still there.

"does that give you an answer"

"yes it does" I smiled. And he did too.