07

07
-
I'm a Murderer, charged for double homicide. (Pt. 2/2)
-
So if you need to be mean
Be mean to me
-

Erwin Smith.
A famous, celebrity plastic surgeon, praised for being a war hero.

Would he still get praised? If they had known, on the Battle of Bretagne, a mere French Squad Commander let go the Germany's Armed Forces Commander?

His comrades died on the front lines, and when the rest of Levi's, alive squad left declaring victory, he slowly approached the boy he knew was faking his death.
He could've shot him then. Maybe he would've, if he knew his high school best friend practically stole his dead girlfriend from the grave.

At that time though, Erwin's amnesia was still very much present. He did not know who Levi Ackerman was, he did not know why a French solider let a German go.
It was later, a blow to the head, in a bomb explosion, that returned Erwin's memories. After the war, he rushed back to that hospital, claiming to the girl, he was her boyfriend, she had no reason to question him.

No matter what though, Erwin got the praise of a war hero, Levi? A ribbon he occasionally got to wear on Remembrance Day.
And now, as Erwin Smith's name was lit up in lights, Levi also had his lover stolen from the backstage.

As the fight between Erwin, his mom and Chun-Hwa, occurred, Levi was fixing his suit in the cab he had ordered.
Nervous was an understatement for how Levi was feeling. He was going to his former best friend's house, might he add, is pretending not to know him so he can date Levi's also, former high school sweetheart.
He took two shots of fireball before he even got in the cab, calling it liquid courage, he downed another one in the cab.

Upon arriving, Levi was flabbergasted.
The lights strung across the fence, reflected off the tinted window of the cab, giving a lit pathway up to the mansion.
Erwin's house, was incredibly bold, just like you see out of the movies. A bit Victorian-Modern day style with a beige house and large white pillars. The word vomit was coming up again.

His former friend was a rich man.
Him? Levi was scared for next month's rent.

He took his flask out from his military jacket, taking a quick sip before the cab stopped. He thanked the driver, getting out.
Levi checked down at his phone, but to no avail Chun-Hwa had not answered. He wonder why, but without her texting back, left him having to wander around the property in hopes to find the party.
He heard the voices in the background, distant and not able to make out the tone. The party couldn't have been far. But then again, this property was huge.

Eventually, Levi ended up walking down a greenery pathway. Deep forest green bushes, decorated with all kinds of delicate flowers almost all being white. The same bright white lights strung on the fence coming up, were strung on the bushes.
He ended up walking through a white concrete, hand craved archway, taking Levi's breath away into a small wow.
He wanted to live this way, he truly did.
He wasn't a jealous man, but right now, he was. Completely in awe and desire. Not to mention Erwin also had his dream girl.

It stopped in that moment though, when he seen the girl laying in a distorted position on the ground, legs scraped.

"Chun-Hwa?"
No response, not even so much of a grunt.
"Chun-Hwa!"
Levi ran over to her in a panic, bending down, shaking her body violently. When she didn't respond, he picked her up, placing her head in his lap.