026

026
-
Voicemail
-
More than trinkets in your room
-

"Looks like you're sleeping over, kid"
Erwin sighed, setting his phone down onto the counter, heading over to the stove where he was cooking another one of his sad single- middle aged man's meal.

"What do you want to eat?"
He questioned Daeshim, throwing in the frozen vegetables in the hot saucepan.

"I want to go home."
The boy mumbled into his panda plushie he held onto tightly at the kitchen table in Erwin's apartment.

"Oh come on! I'll feed you with all kinds of goodies, ever had kraft dinner?"
Erwin smiled, holding up the blue box he found in the cabinet.

Daeshim stared at it, before sticking out his tongue in disgust.
"What is it?"

"Cheesy macaroni!"
"Ew!"
He cried out, ending his little cry with a giggle at Erwin's playful face as he acted hurt by Daeshim's words.

"It's delicious!"
"I want japchae."

Erwin pursed his lips, searching through his cupboards, pulling out an old pack of Mr. Noodles in a cup.

"I got oriental Mr. Noodles, boy that's a real... flavour isn't it?"
Erwin sarcastically remarked to him, throwing it on the counter, so he could take his own food out of the pan.

"I want Japchae."
Erwin smirked as he stirred the meal, clicking his tongue.

"Alright you sold me, kid."
He noted, picking up his phone and calling the nearby Korean Restaurant.

"Hi, yes, I'd like to order a delivery of..."
Erwin pulled away, letting Daeshim say what he wanted into the phone.

"Japchae!"
He happily squealed into the phone.

Erwin put it back to his ear, giving the necessary information for the delivery, as he sat down at the table next to Daeshim with his own meal.

When he got off, he took a fork-full of his food, while giving the happy boy a side eyed glare, smiling.

"You're just like your mother, you know how to get what you want."
"Thank you Mr. Erwin!"

"No problem, kiddo."
Erwin beamed ear to ear, ruffling the kid's hair and he cringed while chuckling.

"Where's mommy?"
"I don't know, Kiddo... she normally picks you up by now and she's not answering her cellphone..."

Erwin took another bite of his food, not realizing how sad Daeshim had gotten so quickly, but when he did, he got off his chair, hugging him in a rush.

"What's wrong, Daeshim?"
"I don't mommy alone with daddy..."

Erwin's cyan eyes widen in both fury and fear, as he gasped silently, looking down at the boy who held his arm's around Erwin's waist, tightly.

"W-why..."
"He's mean to her."
Daeshim furrowed his eyebrows, pouting up at Erwin, which made him frown deeply.

"Alright, I'll call her again."
He so, awaiting as the rings went through, he started to become worried like the anxious boy who swung his legs in the wooden chair.

He went to her voicemail soon after, which made him close his eyes, sigh and lick his lips.
He hung up, trying again, this time when he went to voicemail he rubbed his face, messing up his hair, as his mind started to race.

He simply shrugged it off, and sat back down, continuing to enjoy his pathetic, bland meal.
He finished his meal, as Daeshim silently watched his tablet next to Erwin.
Erwin started to wash his bowl and fork in the sink, stopping when there was a knock on the door.