020

020
-
False Hope
-
I can take it and put it inside of me
If your hands need to break

She stayed in the bathroom for
Over an hour, silent.

After she came home the first time, she had left again, in the moment she left, Chul-Woo got up to check the test left in the bathroom, though Erwin stopped him. Saying he should respect her privacy, and let her be the burier of bad news.
Shortly after, she came back with a bag full of different brands of pregnancy tests, she locked herself in the same bathroom.

In the tense silent waiting, Erwin mentally beaten himself up for giving her the hope, he knew was impossible. As punishment for himself, he got off the couch, knowing he'd have to break Chun-Hwa out of her own denial.
He knocked on the door abruptly, before trying the knob, but it was locked.

"Chun-Hwa, the possibility of you getting a defected test is low. You have to accept it's negative."
Erwin explained with a gentle tone to ease the breakage of the bad news.

His eyes widened when the door suddenly opened by Chun-Hwa on the other side, as she focused on the four different tests in her hands.
He looked down at her palms, though with the reflection of the light, the mechanic screen didn't show up clearly. The most he was able to make out, was the flashing screen giving a final result.

"Chun-Hwa... I'm sorry for giving you that false hope..."
She glanced up at him, denial written all over her face, tears gathering in the corner of her eyes.

He looked down at the floor, seeing the dozen of other tests scattered around like litter.
His eyebrows twitched in affliction, wishing he hadn't opened his mouth.

To his dismay, she bursted out crying, while also smiling widely.
"T-they can't all be wrong, right...?"

Erwin sighed deeper, walking towards her where he placed his hands firmly on her shoulders, assuringly. He leaned down, to stare at her with seriousness.
"Chun-Hwa, you need to snap out of your denial. You can't get pregnant."

Her smile grew larger, which made him look down in annoyance at her hands, she shoved them closer to her.

"They can't all be wrong, right?"
She asked again, showing the four positive pregnancy tests in her hands.

His eyebrows raised in amazement, and in his own little excitement, he knelt down on the floor, picking up the others and examining the lines on each and every one.

Not a single one said anything different.
They all showcased a positive pregnancy.

Erwin's thin lips tugged into a smile, as he ran out to the living room, grabbing his blazer off the couch.

Chul-Woo slouched over the love seat, peered over his manga he was reading, giving Erwin and his sister, who stood in the hallway, a dull eyebrow raise to pester them.

"Y-You! You have to get change, Chun-Hwa!"
Erwin happily shouted, shaking her shoulders.
"Rogar that captain!"
She equally shouted back, running into her room and locking the door, as she was still in her night-gown, that she ran to the drugstore in.

"C-Chul-Woo! Your keys! I need them!"
Erwin jogged over to him, laying a hand on both of the boy's knees that hanged over the armrest.

"Woah, woah! Your in no condition to drive, and what's the rush for anyways?"
Chul-Woo grumbled, thinking the two were just thrilled to go to some stupid grill bar or sushi bar.

"S-She's!"
"I'm changed, let's go!"
Chun-Hwa hollered, impatient, but her tone still electrified, as she started to get her shoes on her feet.