013

013
-
FATHER!
-
I'm what's left of when we
-

"It hurts..."
Chun-Hwa could only manage to mutter those simple words, carefully Erwin had laid his hand upon the wound on her side, applying pressure to help with the pain.
"I know.. I'm sorry, I didn't tell Levi... it's my fault."

It was silent in that little room, Erwin didn't know what to say, and Chun-Hwa didn't know how to say what she wanted to say.

"He did it with an boxer cutter..."
"I know baby, he's arrested now, don—"
Erwin's face lean closely into Chun-Hwa's willingly to give her a kiss on the forehead, though she blocked him with her arm.

"Erwin..."
"Yes?"
"How come... you came home from the war earlier than Levi? Why... didn't he come see me before you did?"

"German soldiers were allowed to return home before French soldiers... it's not that complicated, Chun-Hwa."
Erwin's hand started to sweat a bit as he spoke, he seen that there was something a little different about Chun-Hwa.

"If Levi... hadn't given you that battle... would Germany still have won?"
"Oh... so he told you about that..."

"Who even are you?"
Chun-Hwa questioned painfully, which made Erwin look at her with sad eyes, knowing she was experiencing much more hurt than him. Both mentally and physically.

"I'm... your boyfriend Chun-Hwa. I'm done with this whole Levi situation, I love you more than him. We've been together for so long, I know you better than him! You changed so much since you two we—"

"I changed into the person you made me become. I don't even know who I am for fuck sakes, Erwin! Even to my god damn clothes!"

"Chun-Hwa it's clothes... you were with me when I bought you them... you picked them out..."
Erwin just to explain himself, his face genuine, even though he could tell that in the moment there was no getting to her.
"Chun-Hwa... yes you and Levi dated in the past... but that's the past, let's leave it that way.. I'm aware I lied and I was wrong for that, but come back home... and marry me."

"You have no shame do you, bastard?"
"Chun-Hwa!"

"If this hadn't all gone down, you still wouldn't propose to me because of your fucking racist ass mother! Well I'm tired of it, Erwin!"
He reached to wipe the tears away from her eyes, but yet again she quickly swiped his hand away, he grabbed onto her wrists, jerking her up out of the hospital bed in order to stare in his opal blue eyes. He stared into her nutmeg-coloured ones, that the left one was a slightly lighter shade, more orange undertone. It was one of his favourite physical traits of her.

"I'll cut my mother off completely, Chun-Hwa. I won't ever talk to her again, she stuck her nose in our relationship too many goddamn times. Let's cut Levi out too, and live our lives happily married."
Erwin spoke sternly, holding on of her hands, his other muscular hand had held onto the back of her neck, to assure dominance as well as sense of truth.

"You're such a liar!"
"I'll even give up my War Hero status up for Levi! Just for fuck sakes don't do this to me! I'll admit I'm a fraud! On national television if I have to!"

"It's..."
Erwin's eyebrows furrowed before the words even escaped her mouth. He knew what she was going to say.

Just like his career, his relationship too, was over. Burned to the ground, with only grey dusty ashes remaining.

"It's over Erwin... I don't want to be with you anymore."

"Chun-Hwa... I'm coming in."
Levi stated bluntly, amongst the loud sobs coming behind the locked white bathroom door. He had taken off a ring, slipping it into the lock's hatch, unlocking it.

He closed and covered his eyes for double protection, throwing an extra towel from the Landry over in the general direction of Chun-Hwa.
"Let me know when your covered."

She never did end up saying it or when she was covered, she kept crying in her hands, an overwhelming emotion of feeling pathetic washing over her, as she pictured Levi watching her cry.
He slipped a peak through his fingers to see if she had taken the towel, before he bent down onto the cold tile floor alongside her thin, covered body, her shoulders violently shaking as she hysterically cried into her own palms.

Without a single word, he lend her down into his chest, leaning against the bathtub, stretching out his legs.
Levi didn't care about his pricey work clothes getting wet or how repetitive the cries started to become, he just gently patted her hair, staring at a dirty corner he longed to clean instantly.

Eventually, Chun-Hwa calmed down enough to only little sniffles. She still didn't want to look the man in the eyes, though she did play with his blazer's pocket, hiding her face into his chest.
"You didn't get the shampoo fully out of your hair."

Levi sighed, untangling his dainty pale hands from her hair, some soap bubbles hanging onto his skin.
"I know..."

Levi stood up while untying his tie, discarding it in the hamper nearby, he started to undo his shirt as well before he spoke,
"I need to wash up as well, care to join me?"

He had already taken off all articles of clothing, except his underwear, he threw his pants, covering Chun-Hwa's eyes, long enough for him to get undressed completely and sit in the bubbly water.
As she took the pants off, looking back at Levi in the tub, with pitiful eyes he simply scoffed.

"What? The water comes up to my shoulders, I won't see anything."
With his hands, he blocked his eyesight once again, awaiting for the sound of Chun-Hwa getting in the bath herself, uncovering his eyes when she did so.
From there he started to rinse the shampoo still in Chun-Hwa's hair, silently.

When done, the two stared at one other, unsure of one another's feelings.
Surprisingly it was Levi, who admitted his, by crashing his lips upon Chun-Hwa's in a fury passion.

-

"Do you really have to go to work? This late?"
Chun-Hwa sighed, setting the hairbrush on the nightstand.

"I'm sorry... it happens every so often, I'll be in the bed next to you before you even wake up..."
And so, those comforting words didn't make Chun-Hwa worry.

Not even about what was in the briefcase he held.
And why there seemed to a blood splatter in the corner of the dull olive green leather.

Three days later, her father was found dead in some ditch, murdered by an unknown person.

Unlike the her previous life, she actually attended his funeral.
And as they laid her father to rest in his casket in under the ground, she spoke a simple sentence with tears in her eyes.

"Appa... Salang haeyo..."

A/N: y'all I finally figured out what song I want for this story, and it's Mitski's I Don't Smoke.

I'd also like to say, that I'll heavily updating this story from here on out and deleting chapters or scenes I think are unnecessary, and I know wattpad tends to tell you about updated chapters you've already read?? It sucks, I don't know why it does that so I'm sorry if I blow up your notifications :( I finally know how I want this story to play out, and I know I want it to be 29 chapters like Red Shoes .

I'm sorry, I know I can drag out ideas for long times so I'm very thankful to those who kept up with this story with patience :)