Chapter Sixteen

Was she really keeping things from me? We went over this 3 years ago, we were never going to keep things from each other again, because last time that happened our friendship was almost ruined. Well of course that was over something really nasty I guess you could say, but that's no story you guys need to know about. 

I rolled over, blinking. I had been asleep for a couple of hours. It was about nine, and Austin wasn't in the room. I grabbed my phone and started dialing. I wasn't sure who's number until I saw the word MOM on my screen with her number above it. I didn't know what I was going to say, but I knew what I knew.

I just needed to talk to someone new for a change, the same people over and over can get a bit annoying, I knew that. I had no idea why Allie would be planning on moving back in with her parents, I was afraid she was going to though, that's another thing I knew. I mean lately she seems so distant and pissed when it comes to me. Almost like she doesn't want anything to do with me. If that ever were to happen I wouldn't know what to do. But, my mom would understand, right? I lqay back on the bed and listened to the ringing.

"Sweety?" Mom's voice came through the other end.

"Hi, Mom."

"It's been weeks! Why haven't you called? I've been worried, Nats!" 

"I know, I'm sorry I haven't called." I said slowly, rolling onto my side and resting my phone against my face.

"Its okay, how has Texas been?"

"For the most part, it's been good."

"Michele told me she's worried about you." I heard a rustling on her end.

"Why would she be worried about me?" I asked, looking at the ceiling.

"She says that Austin has told her things that have happened. She's afraid you might hurt this girl..Um Erin I think her name is. Natalie, you know that you can't hurt you. You could be sued-"

"Oh, yeah she's a bitch. But I wouldn't hurt her. She hasn't done anything to me. Allie, on the other hand, I'd freak about."

"You aren't mad at her for what happened with her and Austin?"

"Nothing happened with them?" It was more of a question.

"Its good to act like they never kissed it good for you."

"Kissed?! What?! They fucking kissed?!" I started to cry. Why wouldn't he have told me?

"Baby, I'm sorry.... I honestly thought you knew."

"Umm mom I have to go, Allie needs me. I'll talk to you later when I find out more about stuff. Love you."

"Love you, too, sweety."

I pressed end before she could've. I wiped my eyes and got up, resting my feet on the carpet. I left my phone plugged in and decided to go walking somewhere.

I found myself walking into Allie's room, tears still in my eyes. "Look I know you seem to not care about me anymore. But I'm leaving. I'm going to a friends house for the whole rest of the time we are here. Just wanted you to know that." I said walking right back out.

Alex was walking out of the bathroom and was in the hallway. He saw me crying and stopped. "What's wrong?" He said, hugging me.

"Umm nothing. I'll call you later and tell you where I'm at. But you can't tell anyone I don't want anyone to know. Kay?" I said.

"Okay, just be safe." He kissed my cheek in a brotherly way.

"Bye Alex." I said hugging him again.

I walked into my room. Grabbed my about six bags I had brought with me and started to pack everything up in my bathroom. I then grabbed everything out of drawers and just threw them into bags. I almost forgot my phone. I snuck into Austin's room and grabbed it, then hurried back out. I decided to take only one bag, then I left.

Austin's P.O.V

I saw Natalie getting into her car to leave. She had a bag with her. I ran up the driveway and stopped the door from closing. "What's going on, Nats?"

"I hate you." She spit at me. I knew she was angry by the look in her usually happy eyes.

"What did I do?"

"You know what you did, you filthy cheater."

"Baby, please, what are you talking about?" 

"It doesn't matter Austin. Its over and done with. Just like us" She said slowly and quietly, then she closed the car door, started the car, and drove away.

Natalie's P.O.V

There I went. Out of the door of the man I gave my heart to's house. The guy I thought I loved. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, then tossed it on the passenger's seat. I started crying.

"Shit!" I screamed. I slammed my hand on the wheel and braked at the stop sign, putting on the caution lights and sitting there.

I thought, It's not to late to go back and talk this through. Then, I thought, He didn't even understand. Then I remembered, He kissed someone else, and everyone but me knew about it.

Just then it started to rain. What the fuck? The sky was just perfect two seconds ago. Sobbing I turned the corner, driving off in the rain. Off to Frankie's I went...