𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑|𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐘 𝐌𝐄

MARA WILLIAMS

We lay together, entirely bare on his bed, basking in the midday sunlight that streamed through the window. We were exhausted, to say the least... Gold light cast us bronze and warming our skin as bathed in the rich hue.

I lay with my head on his chest, listening to the steady beating of his heart as he traced the outline of my shoulder blade with his fingertips.

"I never want to go back..." I whispered, pressing my lips to the back of his hand with a tender kiss and he halted his caress of my spine. "I thought you liked school?"

I held his hand, playing absentmindedly with his rings, enjoying the way the one with a dark onyx stone glinted in the light. "Because... We can't exactly be like this at Hogwarts."

He gave my arm a subtle squeeze and I could hear the smirk in his tone. "Why not?"

"You know damn well why!" I prodded his chest with a grin as I stared up at his devastatingly handsome face . "I'm not sneaking off at night to fuck you in some dusty old broom closet!"

One glance from him and I seemed to forget all my morals, one smile and I'd gladly let him ruin me over and over again. One kiss and I'd even beg for anarchy.

"You're no fun." He pouted, dragging a lazy finger over the curve of my backside. "-Besides, I'd love to see you walking around school looking like this."

Deep purple bruises in the shape of his rough hands marred my hips, and just about everywhere else for that matter. My body was a mess of him, thick crimson bites spanned the length of my throat and chest, the evidence of his unholy descent.

And in some strange, sick, messed up way, I loved it. I took thrill from every mark he left, a claim of sorts. Maybe I was just a masochist, but loved his roughness, he didn't tread me as fragile and if anything he tried to break me with every wantonly violent touch.

Draco ghosted his hand along the length of my arm, taking pause to take my hand in his, interlocking our fingers and holding them up to the light. "Mara, promise me something-..."

He froze, and I felt his entire body growing tense beneath me, I frowned as he suddenly sat up against the headboard and I was forced away from him.
"-What's wrong?"

He glared at me and I was taken aback by his sudden change in temperament, a stark change to the beautiful soft boy he was just a moment ago. "What the fuck is that?" He practically snarled.

I shook my head slightly, not quite understanding. "What?"

He snatched my wrist from my side, holding it up before my face and forcing me to stare at the ugly scars."What is this!"

Dirty Little Whore.

My mouth opened and closed but no words came out. His face contorted into an emotion I'd never seen from him before, "Did you do this?"

"No!" I snatched my arm away, hurt that he'd even think I'd do such a thing. "-Of course not, don't be ridiculous!"

Time had only served to dull the wounds, the words were no longer red and raw, they were almost healed, only thin red lines compared to the bloody mess that they once were. One day they'd heal to white, but they'd never fade, much like the ones Umbridge had left on the back of my hand, except these were carved with the power of hate rather than magic.

Draco's eyes were on me and I felt the familiar hissing sting of his demanding tone. "Then tell me. Who?"

"Pansy and Millicent!" I spat, feeling defensive. "Who else do you think!" As if that wasn't enough I added, "Your friends!" And watched as the look in his eye turned to something distinctly malicious as he snarled, "-Pansy and Millicent are not my friends."