𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘𝐓𝐖𝐎|𝐃𝐄𝐅𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐓𝐘

MARA WILLIAMS

"Me Ma said that the only reason I'm failing divination is because Professor Trelawney's as mad as a hatter." Seamus said, taking a bite of his pumpkin pie. "She said that woman doesn't know what she's on about."

Hermione, Ron and Harry nodded in agreement, but Parvati looked horrified. "That's ridiculous, she is not!"

All eyes were on Parvati and Seamus raised his eyebrows at her. "You're telling me you seriously believe that stuff?"

"Yes." She said fiercely. "I do."

"You do realise that there no science behind any of it." Hermione interjected as she peered up from her copy of The Daily Prophet.

We hadn't spoken since Pansy Parkinson took it upon herself to put me and there was a renewed sense of tension between us.

"No science?" Ron said incredulously, "Hermione are you a witch or not? There's no science to any of this!"

Harry and I exchanged grins across the table, almost ever dinner was the same, Ron and Hermione arguing, occasionally Parvati and Seamus would join whilst Neville sat awkwardly just watching the others interact.

Dinner drew to a close as people filed off to their rooms. I knew I wouldn't be able to concentrate tonight in the common room, Hermione and Ron were doing their rounds as prefects so the Weasley twins were taking the opportunity to test out their latest creation; Skiving Snack Boxes.

I didn't fancy being there when Hermione Granger returned to see a room full of fainting first years, instead I chose to finish my essay on the Great Elven War of the eighteenth century in the library.

My finger tips had just made contact with the cold iron door handle when I was frozen by a smug voice.
"Where do you think you're going?"

"Away from you." I didn't have to turn to hear the smirk in his tone, as I turned the handle and stepped inside the library.

"No you're not." A callused hand ensnared my wrist, sending a wave electricity pulsing through every fibre of me being. "You're coming with me."

"What do you want Malfoy." I said tiredly, turning around to face him. He looked just as attractive as ever as he pulled his bottom lip between his teeth, eyes dragging lazily up and down my body, causing an icy shiver to crawl the length of my spine and the fine hairs on the back of my neck to stand on end.

"Don't ask questions, just come." He pulled me after him and for some strange reason I found myself following as Malfoy lead me down the empty hall.

My chest tightened and my breath hitched as we passed the broom closet from our last interaction...
But he dragged me straight past it and out of a side door into the peaky air.

A chill settled on my skin, the creeping cold seeping through my thin robes. "Where are you taking me? It's bloody freezing out here."

He shot me a wink, "You'll warm up soon enough."

Fucking hell Mara, what on earth have you gotten yourself into this time. The most concerning part of it all was that Draco Malfoy had never once been even remotely nice to me, ever. So why was he acting so strange all of a sudden? It was unnerving.

Maybe I'd watched too many muggle crime documentaries, but it did cross my mind if only for a split second that maybe he was luring me outside to kill me. Don't be stupid, I thought quickly.